It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

Janie5301 HB User
Took a little trip

I just got back from 4 days in New Orleans to visit my oldest son who is building Katrina houses. He's down there without his family, wife & two daughters, so I took them with me and we had a great time. It was my first trip without my beloved DH, and it felt ok. I keep a small necklace with some of his ashes in it that I wear all the time and so I guess a part of him was there with me. I find solace when I wear it and it keeps him close to me. Living my life now without him is difficult but I know he's a peace now and I have begun to put the pieces of my life back together. I pray for all of you every day to find some of the peace I now have and continue to pray for a cure.

Take care and God bless,
Janie

Old 08-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User
Re: Took a little trip

Dear Janie,

How nice that you got to spend that time away and bring the joy of your son's family to him.

You show us that there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel and that there is hope for us after we are through with this job we have yet to do.

Keep putting that one foot in front of the other...because we are following your footsteps and we are right behind you.

Love, Meg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

Good for you, Janie! This is a good thing, for you to move on with your life. Congratulations!

Love,

Martha

Old 08-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

I am so pleased for you Janie. Taking your son's family and spending time with them sounds like just what you needed. You and DH did a wonderful job raining your children if you son is spending his time away from his family helping other. A huge thank you to him and kudo's to you and DH for a job well done.

I am pleased you have a little piece of your DH to keep with you. He is close to your heart but having a piece of him gives you something tangible to hold on to. He is with you in so many ways. In your heart, in your necklace, and in your children.

You are doing so well and it does give the rest of us hope for the future. Keep going and keep giving up updates.

Love, deb

Old 08-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Janie,
I am so glad you enjoyed this time with your family. I too think it says alot for you and your husband to have raised a son who is so giving of his time. I'm sure he was overjoyed to see his family.
I think its beautiful that you keep a little piece of your husband with you, in a necklace.....you can just hear how much you love him in your words.
The ladies are right...you are a really good role model for how to move on, while keeping your loved one in your heart.......

Love, Caroline xo

Closed Thread