It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Good Luck

My thoughts and prayers are with anyone who is being affected by Hurricane Gustav or Tropical Storm Hanna. Be safe!

Love,

Martha

Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Good Luck

I am with you Martha. I am watching Gustav closely having friends from the strike area. I hope all return safely to minimal damange. My prayers are with that entire area and all the people there. Hanna's predicted path should add to the copious rain we received from Fay. We will see as the week goes on. We don't need the remains of two hurricanes.

Love, deb

Last edited by Gabriel; 09-01-2008 at 09:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

We could use some of that rain here!

My son is in Barbados flying back to Maimi today, and I am of course hoping all goes well since Hanna is in between Barbados and Miami.

He was there for a week to visit his fiancee who is working on a project there for 6 weeks. Their wedding is in February! I also have relaitves in central Floirda and in SC and NC ...

Anyone doing Alzheimer Care can just about manage that, without needing evacuations, floods, etc - so I do wish everyne luck .

Love,

Martha

Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User

Well, girls, here I am on the east coast of south Florida..watching these storms lined up out there is like looking at planes on the tarmac...just lined up and heading our way.

We got a good bit of rain and light winds from the outer bands of Gustav, now we are watching Hanna..she is supposed to skirt off our coast 100 miles toward Savannah, but just a Hanna hiccup and it could be us..then there's Ike for goodness sake.
Oh, well..all we can do is be prepared and take it as it comes. We don't worry til they say it's time to worry...then we do all we need to do and sit back and wait...then when the storms hit, my husband sleeps and I eat. Sheesh.

Love, Meg

Old 09-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
(female)

Janie5301 HB User

Hi all,
My son got home last night from New Orleans as he was ordered out by the mandatory evacuation. Some of you know that he was down there rebuilding from Katrina and left on Friday and by way of Atlanta where he spent the night with some friends got home last night. I'm so glad he's home as is the rest of our family and he doesn't know when he will go back. I guess that depends on when the government says he can go back but we're just glad he's here and he will go back when he can to see what is left of the homes he and his company have already built and do whatever repairs they need to do to move forward.

Love and blessings.
Janie

Old 09-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User

Thank God he is home and safe...now you can exhale.

Love, Meg

Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

So glad you posted Janie. I was wondering if he was home. Hopefully he will find it better than he expects when he returns. For now you can enjoy him and he can enjoy you and his family. Kudos to him for the work he is doing there and to you for raising a son that is so caring of others.

Living on the east coast all of my life I am with Meg.... just watching the storms line up in the Atlantic. Now I am inland enough that we mainly get flooding rains but my daughter is sitting right on the coast of NC, 11 miles inland from the water front. I have already told her if ones comes her way..... COME HOME!!! We just wait and see where the next ones goes and then be as prepared as you can when it does get here.

Hope everybody is safe and warm......

Love, deb

Old 09-02-2008, 04:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

My son also got home safely to Miami last night. But the next storm Hurricane Hanna is nearing the Bahamas and right behind it Ike. Bad hurricane year. I'll feel better when his fiancee is also home - but Miami is not hurricane proof either. Here in Indiana we 'only' get blizzards and tornadoes. Weather is something you just have to live with - like Alzheimer's I guess .... a hurricane in the brain????

Love,
Martha

Closed Thread