It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimps46 HB Userskimps46 HB Userskimps46 HB User
ibake?

I was just catching up on posts, and see that ibake has left us?

Can it be?

*snivel snivel* (deb wipes tear from eye) I WUV ibake!

Tell me it's not true! Tell me!

...little deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: ibake?

I'm with you little deb.... I do miss IBake and can only hope it is a vacation and not forever. Miss Martha too and hope she is having a good trip. And miss you when you stay away. All of you gals are my life line.....

Thank you all for being a part of my life

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

You must also know that YOU, deb, are such a part of ALL of our lives, too! I cannot imagine what it will be like without ibakenpray...and Martha is on vacation?

I look to all of you to center me, to educate me and to make me laugh. Somehow, it is so comforting to know that my dad, koo koo as he may be, is just like the rest of 'em.

Here's a new razor story, Deb. First of all, you need to know that the mental picture you drew with you dad "beating his razor on the side of the sink", blades, top just a'flyin', still makes me just crack up! Anyway, I heard dad's razor buzzing, so I went to investigate, and he was in his chair with his razor, clearly shaving. I said to him, "Dad, is everything ok?" He said, "Can't make it go." Well, I could HEAR it...so I gently took it from his hand, and...

The blade shield was on it. Clipped on nice and tight, just like I had it yesterday. I popped off the shield, handed it back, and he laughed. "Debbie", he said, "You're all right".

Let's keep ibakenpray and Martha in our prayers. And deb...you are invaluable. All of you are.

...little deb

Old 09-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Martha needed to go clear out some of her Mom's things but she will be back in a week. I do hope she's having a good trip. My prayers are with all of you!

You and I do have the razor stories in common. I can see your Dad shaving with the shield on because the last time I was at Mom and Dad's my Dad was shaving away in the bathroom.... forever. I walked in to see what was going on and I didn't hear the razor. He seems to have forgotten about charging and plugging in the razor. He was despirately trying to shave with a razor that had no power. Shave, run his hand over his face, and shave again. I just reached over and plugged it into the wall. His only comment was.... "It's finally working!" Well duh. I had to laugh and next thing I knew Dad was laughing with me.... and he didn't even know why.

Thank you for your kind words. I have received do much more than I have given. I am forever indebted to all here for grounding me.

Love, deb

Old 09-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Just had ibake on my mind today. I hope she is doing well. Really miss her and her humor. We could use that today, remembering those who lost their lifes on 9-11.
God Bless America.
Chris

Old 09-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

DH, daughter and I watched the replay of the tragedy this morning. I was as rivited as I was then.

Horrible. Survivors and non survivors in my prayers.

And just in case you are lurking, ibake, I miss you. So much.

...little deb

Old 09-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I remember every moment of that day. All of those affected are in my prayers. Victims, families, and those amazing fireman, policeman, and medics that went above and beyond.....

Love, deb

Closed Thread