It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
(female)

Rhoda55 HB User
My dear Mother is gone now

Just a little note to let you know that my dear sweet Mother died this morning at about 11:45 at the care facility. She went very quickly. They had been talking to her right before they called me and told me her vitals were low, her color was not good, and she was cold to the touch. I live about 6 or 7 min. away, and by the time I got there, she was gone. I am really going to miss her. I was with her every day she was there, except when we went on a trip. I know she is in heaven now with my Dad and is now at peace. I know I have to remember that, but it is so hard. We will all miss her.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimps46 HB Userskimps46 HB Userskimps46 HB User
Re: My dear Mother is gone now

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you, Rhoda. I am so sorry for you, but glad for you mom, who is now with her sweetheart.

It's never easy, and it's never a good time for this to happen. But it was time in God's eyes, and now, the healing can begin.

Truly, truly sorry, Rhoda.

Peace...

..lil' deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

I am so very truly sorry Rhoda. A mixed blessing indeed. She is whole and smiling with your father now but you will miss her terribly. Celebrate her life. My thoughts, prayers, and sympathy go with you...

Love, deb

Old 10-04-2008, 05:02 AM   #4
(female)

quetzalmom HB User

Please accept my deepest sympathy. I will pray for you and your family.
Q

Old 10-04-2008, 05:31 AM   #5
(female)

Janie5301 HB User

Rhoda,
So very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. That journey ends and another starts with your life without your Mom. I'm a few months into my journey without my sweet DH and know that taking one day at a time helps. Also take the time you will need to nurture yourself and know that we are all praying for you and your family.

Blesssings...
Janie

Old 10-04-2008, 06:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

My deepest sympathy goes out to you, dear Rhoda. It is a terrible loss. In a way it's good that she went fast without a long drawn out illness.

You will be in my prayers.

Love,

Martha

Old 10-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Dear Rhoda,
I'm so sorry. Try to keep your good memories at the forefront as you grieve. There will be no rushing that. What a blessing that you had a mother you loved so much. Not all of us are so fortunate. We weep with you in your loss.

Emily

Old 10-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Dear Rhoda,
I would also like to wish you my deepest sympathies in the loss of your mother. Take comfort in knowing that she is with your father.....and you will all see each other again. Until then....I know it's hard to lose your mom....my thoughts and prayers are with you....

Caroline

Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnydaze1 HB User

My heart goes out to you. My mom is at the NH, but she's not the mom I remember. The only solace I get in this daily deterioration of the disease is that when God takes mom, she will be with my dad finally.

Sounds like you've been a wonderful daughter, and I'm sure your mom and dad are seeing you as the daughter they will always be proud of for eternity.

Rest assured, we will keep your mom in our prayers as well as you. See, you're never alone when you come to this forum.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #10
(female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User

Yes, she's in Heaven now and blissfully happy and healthy, but she's also still with you, watching over you. I'm sorry for your loss, but your loss is only temporary; you'll meet again.

Please take it easy; these things take a while to sink in. My prayers are with you.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Dear Rhoda, I've been away for a few days and just read of your Mothers passing. My deepest sympathy to you. You were a good daughter. That is all your Mom would ask of you. Again, my heartfelt sympathy.
Chris

Old 10-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
(female)

Ry953 HB User

Please accept my deepest sympathy. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Ry

Closed Thread