It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Test reports...

We finally received the last of Mom's test reports and biopsies today. They had to repeat the biopsy on the uterian mass because there was not enough tissue to test in the first one. But they all came back negative which is good news. They still have no clue what the uterian mass is but for now we are on a wait and see program.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks....

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: Test reports...

That's good news Deb -- at least it isn't cancer. And everything grows slower when the person is older.

Now get some sleep, dear friend!

Love,

Martha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Dear deb,
Glad to hear that your Mom doesn't have cancer. One less thing to worry about. Right? I've been reading everyones posts. I've really not had much to write about. Mom is worse, of course. She requires more of my time. Sad days. I'm headed there now for the dreaded "shower" and clean up time. Do laundry and iron. Maybe she will be a good girl today and not give me too much trouble????? Yeah Right!!!!!!! And the market woes are going to be over tomorrow!!!!!!!!
Again I'm glad to read some good news from you. You sure do deserve some. Have a good day.
Love Chris

Old 10-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Deb,
Wonderful news, am so happy for you and mom.....you deserve some good news!!!
Prayers are answered!!!
Love, Caroline xo

Old 10-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Thank you all Sorry to hear that your Mom is on a down turn Chris. I do understand. Though the test results are positive the prognosis here is the same. Mom and Dad are both on their down hill progress. Which reminds me. Between the stock market watch and making apple butter I have not called her yet. I must go see what this day holds

Again.... thank you all!!!

Love, deb

Old 10-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Dear Deb, it seems you need to be perked up! I am sorry to hear about your Mom...

Let me relate about my mom. When she was in the locked down unit for med readjustment I got a call from a surgeon....Mrs. Reichow? Yes, I'm Doctor so and so... your mother has breast cancer.... Nice lead in, huh? WHat makes you think that? Well, she has a lump on her breast. Well, my mother has had fibrous breast tissue for the better part of her adult life and she has had many mammograms that all have been negative.... Oh, well maybe it isn't. ARe you sure you don't want to do surgery? No, she's an 87 year old woman with Alzheimers that will probably die long before-if this is cancer-would do anything to her.....

What a wonderful conversation that was..........me in VA, Mom in Minnesota, Dad having issues in Minn. what more....

Grab hold of a clean towel my dear it sounds like you could use one...I'll hold the other end and we'll both have a good cry together.....

Old 10-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

The prognosis is from the ALZ and not the possible breast issues. At least with breast cancer there would be a hope of survival. Mom had breast cancer, modified radical mastectomy (lympth node removal) and chemo, followed with tomaxafin for longer than recommended. She survived it once. The only reson we were concerned was because her symptoms were identical to the last time. The uterine mass was discovered by the GYN she went to for the breast issues. He did a biopsy on the mass... twice... but has agreed to wait and see especially since the biopsy was negative. In her condition, he didn't recommend anything other than a follow up in 6 months..... which I appreciated.

I probably am due for a good cry though. My baby sister's antics continue (as frequent as ever) and Mom's meltdowns continue (though less frequent). Then being POA over Mom's financial portfolio in the current stock market is no fun. I guess the good thing is that my melt downs are less frequent as well I am taking my own advice on my sister and Mom's advice on the stock market (wait it out).

I am going to see Mom and Dad for a few days next Wednesday and I finally got an appointment with the elder lawyer on early November so those are both good things.

But I will hang on to that towel with you........ I need it

Love, deb

Old 10-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnydaze1 HB User

I feel for you so Deb. So glad your mom's uterine mass was not cancer....maybe fibroids?

You've got so much to deal with; double the stress; I don't know how you do it. Just know that you're in my thoughts and prayers quite a bit. You've been there for me when I needed it, that's for sure.

Hope your visit with your parents go well on Wednesday.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Dearest Deb....
I will say prayers for you that your visit with Mom and Dad goes well on Wednesday......dont let those sisters get to you okay? Remember all that wonderful advice you've been giving me.......

Love, Caroline xo

Old 10-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

They are not sure what it is sunny. It is not fibroid because it is fluid filled much like an overian cyst but it's in the lower part of the uterus. Rather odd place for it. At least it doesn't show malignent tendencies

Carsam.... I remember my lessons. That is why I rode off into the sunshine on my bike today with my hear bud plugged in my ears. That is my escape.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. It does make the job a little easier. I hope you all have a good weekend....

Love, deb

Old 10-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

OK DEB,

Sit down dear-and listen to me...There isn't a damn thing you can do so just hang in there. What ever that "thing " is-is. You hwill have your options of dealing with it. YOu trust the GYN, right? If the doc is comfortable with leaving it, so be it. Let go and let god. That's all you can do in this case. There is a reason for it, and yours is not to wonder why. Just accept that it is there and let it go. I can't tell you why it's there, but I do know that it's something that you can get through, just like everything else that you have had to do.

I know how hard it has been. And although I don't have pissy sisters-I know how difficult this has been on you. I wish that I could hold your hand and help you through this time. I wish you were my sister so I could tell you suck it up and just let go. It will get better. And I would smack pissy pot sister for acting up yet again. Why oh why can'st she behave just once? I know that your mother didn't raise her like that!

I could bake hr a chocolate cake full of exlax...would that make you feel better?

As for the stock market...There's not much you can do about that and worrying about it every day isn't going to make it any better either. Everyone is in the same boat. I bet that the home will accept your parents for whatever Medicare pays when they have gone through all of their assests. That's the way it would have been for Daddy and Mom at their place in Minn. Just take a breath and hang on.............

Old 10-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you IBake..... that was exactly what I needed to hear. You are close enough to a sister to tell me to suck it up and let it go and it stick. Actually I am glad you said it instead.... The ExLax chocolate cake sounds delightful!!

You are so right and thank you again for reminding me what I already know. It just when it all starts rolling down the hill like a snowball it's difficult to stop worrying if it is going to flatten me. Oh well.... if it does I just come back here and let you gals blow me back up again

I'm hangin in there. It was a productive weekend and I will be ready to ride Wednesday to see Mom and Dad.... and then go on to see my lovely daughter for the weekend. A nice long walk at the shore is what I need. The vastness makes everything else seem so small in comparison.

Thank you all..... I don't know what I would do without my friends here ..... yes I do!!! I'd be BALD!!!!!

Love, deb

Last edited by Gabriel; 10-12-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good Girl. Remember what we keep telling Cariline. Let it go. You are going to see your daughter. And you know what she says about your sister....(ahem). Keep your back straight and your head up. Wednesday is coming soon and you'll be able to see your folks and that will put your mind as ease also. It's always easier when you have them in your sights.....
hang in there my friend.

remember this. At least you have them to be concerned about....

Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

That I do remember IBake. it is the silver lining that makes it all bearable. I always say it's how you look at something that matters. Thank you for flipping my dark cloud inside out so the silver lining shines through. I am looking forward to my trip. That 8 miles I just did on my bike with my ear buds blaring my favorite music was helpful as well. Now I am off to get done what needs to be done before I leave here Wednesday morning.

Love to all of you.... Deb

Closed Thread