It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
no end to troubles

Hi everyone,

After my Mother passed away I thought I was going to be free of medical problems for a while - well, it lasted almost 10 months. My daughter recently collided with another player while playing adult soccer .. and today the orthopedic surgeon set the date for her ACL surgery, October 21. It will be an outpatient procedure, but I plan to stay with her for a few days after the operation to help her with the kids (8 and 6) and the household, and allow her to get some rest.

You have all been such a help to me during my Moms long years of dementia - now I ask for your prayers once again for this new reason ...
Love,

Martha

Old 10-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
Re: no end to troubles

Dear Martha....
Of course you have my prayers......and hope your daughter will recover quickly. You are a wonderful mother and I'm sure she will be in great hands, and will be extremely well taken care of. God bless you, you have such a caring heart for your family....
Keep us posted how she is doing and you of course as well!!!
Love, Caroline xo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimps46 HB Userskimps46 HB Userskimps46 HB User

Of course, Martha. My prayers go with you.

I had ACL surgery (twice) 10 years ago. You are quite right that she will need help, as you really canNOT step down on that foot. But recovery was fast for me, and it will be for your daughter, too.

Sounds like she's an athlete, and in good shape. I pray for a snappy-fast recovery, and for you to totally enjoy those grandbabies! There are no coincidences, no chance happenings. Everything happens for a reason, and this might be your opportunity to just, as my pre-teen says, "kick it" - relax and enjoy the grandkids.

My prayers go with you and your daughter -
...lil' deb

Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Martha, you always have my prayers for yourself and now your daughter as well. I'm with Little Deb..... enjoy your grand children while you are there. I am sure you will be just what they need at this time..... and a great help to your daughter. Enjoy your time with her as well. In the mean time your daughter has my wishes for a speedy recovery and you have my wishes of a good visit with your family

Love, deb

Old 10-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
(female)

quetzalmom HB User

I wish her a speedy recovery. After surgery, physical therapy can work wonders. While I realize this sounds odd...enjoy taking care of someone you love when there is every reason to believe there will be a complete and perfect recovery.
With love,
Q

Old 10-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Dear Martha, Of course my prayers and good wishes are with you and your daughter. It seems as caregivers our job is never done. It is a good feeling though to be needed. I remember Mom saying once that now that she is older no one needs her anymore. Gave me something to think about.
Enjoy your grandbabies and "being needed". You'll certainly be tired. I know I am when the job calls for taking care of two grandkids. Your a good Mom. I'm sure your daughter appreciates you.
I watched two of my Grandbabies yesterday. They stayed all night. Breakfast this morning. Basketball practice. Of course my Grandson (6) coughed ALL night. No sleep for Grandma. If he wasn't coughing he was kicking me. LOL Oh yeah!!!!! can't wait for my son to pick them up.
I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery for your daughter.
Love Chris

Old 10-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

My 'baby girl" - age 38 - had her knee operation Tuesday and is recovering at home. Feeling a lot of pain, nausea, dizziness and some vomiting ... but as well as can be expected under the circumstances. I'm driving her to the first post op physical therapy tomorrow - I don't know just exactly what she can do with the painful leg ... but will do what she can.

Love,

Martha

Old 10-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

It sounds like she's having a reaction to the pain meds thus the nausea, dizziness and some vomiting. Bless her!!! I am sure the physical therapist will know what to do with her. I do hope she continues to heal well and does well over all. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers... it's tough for us mothers to see our babies in pain, isn't it.

Love, deb

Closed Thread