It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Cool Yippeeeeee

Sister 4 just called. Yes, she called and was nice. She took Mom back to her regular dentist today. He was preinformed of the situation and knows Mom's condition. He actually put his finger in her mouth to feel what she was feeling and did find a very tiny rough spot on the bottom of her cap. He filed on it, had her run her tongue on it, and filed again, until she assured him that it was fine, and then he did a little more. Mom left his office HAPPY!!!

We don't know if it was always there or a result of her "fixing" whatever but as long as she is happy we are all happy.

Sister 4 and I talked about Mom's dental adventure. I told her she did good. We also talked about the upcoming lawyer appointment and some other issues. I was pleased with the conversation and think it went well. I hung up by saying... I will be there Saturday, thanks again for all you do, and love you. I hope this is a turning point Hope Hope Hope!!

Today is a good day on Planet Alzheimer and in Sisterville.....

Love, Deb

Old 10-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
Re: Yippeeeeee

Awww Deb....
I'm so happy for you that things went well with Mom's appointment and that you had this nice out of the blue moment with Sister 4. See.....things can be so different when people "behave". She was nice to you, and you reciprocated by doing the same. Such a simple concept.....everyone should use it, we'd all be much better off.

So glad to see you having a nice "family" moment....
Love, Caroline xo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

THREE CHEERS!

Do you think she felt the wrath of all of us-well probably just me I guess...
Ohh Deb. What an absolutely delightful surprise! What a little gift from God. She must have crawled out on the right side of her bed for a change and thought that just once I will be nice to my sister who has endured so much fecal matter from me. Just this once I will not throw urine and vinegar at her, I will try to be the daughter that my mother wanted me to be. I will try to be the daughter that Deb is. Even if I have to eat crow to do it! (I AM SURE that she was thinking that the whole time she was talking to our dear Deb!)

What a wonderful day! And better yet, you got Mom's tooth fixed..or at least you got this adventure taken care of.

Tune in next week as we resume the exciting tale of Mom and Dad in the Assisted Living, surrounded by their four daughters and their families. In next weeks adventure we will hear about the Lawyers visit and the party for the cousin...Say tuned for.....<<<<<swell of string music>>>>>>as the assissted living spins!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

NEXT WEEK!!!!!!! I wish Dad fell in the bathroom tonight and tore the skin off the back of his arm just above the elbow. His skin is so thin and sun damaged it is easily torn. No hospital visit was required.... Sister 4 called me as soon as she found out what had happened but said all was well. No sooner had the staff put on a bandage and left the room, Dad took it off. He wanted his shirt on and Mom wouldn't let him put it on without a bandage. He got angry at Mom. Mom called Sister 4 who ended up going back over. I was called (an hour after the all's well call) to entertain Mom on the phone while they bandaged Dad's arm again and put his shirt back on.... until the happy pill went to work. The they took it right back off for him to go to bed. It was all rather amusing. Hopefully nothing else before morning!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I have talked to Sister 4 four times today. I am guarded but hopeful and I have not made her eat any crow. We will see how long it last

Love, deb

Closed Thread