It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
the shakes?????????

so yesterday my Hb and myselve met my parents for lunch,,,, all was going great and then my mom had an attack of the shakes, she just starting shaking all over uncontrollably,,, not the falling down type but like she was really cold, after she got up and walked around a bit it settled down, has anyone had this happen with their loved one... my mom will be going in for a check up in the next day or two and I will make sure to mention this odd behavor,,,, just wondering if it means anything, something to be alarmed about?????????

Old 11-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: the shakes?????????

Be sure they do a urine sample to rule out bladder infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

The shakes, tremors, vibrations, purring kinds of symptoms are often experienced by people diagnosed with Lyme Disease. I haven't read your other posts so don't know why you are posting on this board but I will also mention that people with Lyme Disease can also present with AD type of symptoms.

Bethsheba

Old 11-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

petal*pusher HB User

Hmmm....after a few months in the AF, I noticed my Mom doing this sort of "jerky movement". Quite a while ago, someone here mentioned seeing similiar movements in their loved one. I had been thinking Mom's sudden movements were from a hidden heart problem, and was somewhat relieved when others here had also observed it in their loved one.

They called it "Myoclonus jerks". Look this up, and you'll see that it can appear as single little jerky motions (like we do when falling asleep)...or multiple...and often accompanies Alzheimer's. Does this sound like it?

Hope this helps.......Pam

Closed Thread