It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

LORI63 HB User
Unhappy troubling symptom

I am 54 year old female and have had a few troubling symptoms.

I was leaving a meeting at work a few weeks ago in my office and walked into the hallway and for about 10 seconds, I could not recognize where I was or where the cafeteria was. It was momentary but completely disturbing.

Once in awhile I seem to forget for a split second which house I'm living in. I flash back to a childhood house or to one of our past houses as an adult.

Is this an early sign of dementia? I am very worried.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnydaze1 HB User
Re: troubling symptom

It's best you check with your primary care physician and perhaps be referred to a nuerologist. Other instances can mimmick dementia when it's something totally different.

Don't worry, at least you are aware that something isn't quite right, and you're very young...I'm about your age and I have some memory lapses time to time but I'm being pulled left and right, up and down...it's a wonder my own brain hasn't crashed by now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

I agree with Sunny. There are many reasons for what you describe from medical problems to stress. Get a complete check up, express your concerns to your physician, and ask for a referal to make sure everything is ok. Then you will know what is going on Don't worry until it is time.....

love, deb

Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
(female)

LORI63 HB User

THANK YOU! I will check with my PCP. I know he'll tell me to wait to see if it happens again...

Closed Thread