It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

polina HB Userpolina HB User
Mom back to the Hospital

Hi Everyone,
Mom was due to come home from Rehab on this Wednesday after being in the hospital and rehab for a month for her infected toe. Well, yesterday the Rehab called to tell us that her HCT levels were very low and the Chf / edema was starting again. So they had an ambulance en route to take her back to the hospital. I knew over the weekend when I was in visiting things were not looking good. On Friday I could tell she was having SOB she talks like she is under water when she gets that. I asked her if she was having SOB she said a little, but please don't tell the nurse. They won't let me go home now. I tried to explain if I tell them ahead of the eight ball then maybe we can catch it and prevent any thing further. I told her to take a couple puffs of her inhaler and we will see how that works. Un be known to her I did stop at the nurses desk on my way out to make sure they were aware of her symptoms.
So poor Mom is back where she started a month ago. I feel so bad for her. Even though some days at home can be a challenge for her and us. I do miss her presence here at home.
I will keep you updated on how she does.
Thanks everyone for all the wonderful info and support this board brings to my life every day!!!
Love Pauline

Old 11-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Mom back to the Hospital

I am so sorry your Mom is back in the hospital. I am sure you are both disappointed but for now she is where she needs to be. I do hope they can control the CHF and she will be better soon. Know that I will keep you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers. Do keep us updated....

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Sorry to hear about your Mom Pauline. I understand. Its so stressful when Mom is in the hospital. Her dementia worsens by leaps and bounds. For her daughters its just horrible. Well, for two of us anyway. Sister #1 doesn't "do" hospitals. We're younger!!!!!
I hope she recovers soon. Keep us posted on her progress and take care of yourself. Mom has CHF and COPD so I understand the complications that occur. I'll be thinking of you and hoping all is better real soon.
Love Chris

Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

Sorry about your mother -- I hope she gets all the care she needs, and is physically well again very soon.

Love,

Martha

Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

polina HB Userpolina HB User

Martha Deb, & Chris,
Thank you for your best wishes for Mom.
She is back on the same floor with the same nurse in the hospital she just left 2wks ago so that is good for her. Everyone knows her. She is very confused which is to be expected. Her nurse is wonderful she knows exactly how to interact with her when she is confused. The nurse has a great knack of joking with her and putting her right at ease. She is the best and Mom loves her. So that eases my mind a lot. They are trying to locate the cause of her Gi bleed. They are going to do a procedure today on her. Thanks again for your thoughts and wishes for Mom.

Love Pauline

Old 11-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

It is good that she is back where she is comfortable and then know how to deal with her.... even if she is more confused. I am sure that puts your mind at rest. I hope they find the source of the bleed and can help her feel better. Let us know when you find out something. I will keep you and her in my thoughts and prayers.....

Love, deb

Closed Thread