It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
little miracles

I knew when I arrived at my mom and dads that my mom(she has alzheimers) had some good news for me,,,, We first sat down for a bit of coffee and she just could not contain herselve, she finally said with a huge grin "I think I will weigh myselve",, off to the room and she stepped on the scale and low and behold she is 110lbs.... yahoooooooo, she was so close to shrinking away last christmas, she was down below 90lbs and now a year later she has gained 20lbs.... I am so happy... and because she was happy it was just so much better.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: little miracles

Yea! What a sweet post! I can just see her all happy and pleased with herself, and you all happy, too. What great news!

Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

petal*pusher HB User

Yay! I love you titled your post "Little Miracles"....because it just feels so darned GOOD to be excited or happy about what this disease brings....usually is sure isn't a smile!

All your effort seems to be working...I can just imagine the look on your Mom's face ......and YOURS! Good news to share.......Pam

Old 11-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Yes.... a little miracle. Good for her and good for you. I am excited for you both and hope it continues. Isn't it nice to see our loved ones "fat" and happy! We will take all the little miracles we can get

Love, deb

Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

how amazing is that! thank goodness for little or big miracles.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Some good news for you!!!!!! Thats wonderful. My poor Mom is on the other end of the weight problem. She is on 3 meds that are causing her to gain alot of weight. She cannot do without them. Two years ago we were so worried about her weight loss. Now its the opposite. Its hard on her knees.
Glad you have this to smile about jags.
Love Chris

Old 11-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

HOW EXCITING! and it's so neat that she was just as excited about it....isn't it nice to have such joy about such a little thing?

Old 11-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

I completely agree.......you have to see your loved ones go through so much hardship..to really appreciate how wonderful the simplest things can be!!!!

Glad to hear your positive story about your mom Jags.......It's great we post our "ups" as well as our downs here........we all need to hear them.....because we sure do all have them!!

Love, Caroline xo

Old 11-21-2008, 03:40 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

That realliy is good news. Many AD victims lose and lose - like my Mom did. So this is more than a little miracle -- maybe it is a middle sized miracle!

Love,

Martha

Closed Thread