It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
okay, I did it! but what a day I had as well

Okay guys, you will all be proud of me, I actually spent 3 1/2 hours babysitting Mother tonite. Sister came over and actually asked my son to watch his grandmother -- he was on his way to work. I always tell her NOT to ask my kids to do it unless and only -- if its an actual emergency.

But here was my day and I still helped Sister . ..
Left work and drove to gyno doctor for myself -- remember my surprise visitor after not having "IT" for 3 years. Well, she did a pap and then decided since I reminded her that I received a letter from her last year that I had a-typical cells and that it needed close monitoring.

She did an inter-uterine ultrasound and said, I see thickness there and pointed it out. I asked what "thickness" means and she said just that its a thicker part of the uterus than other areas but she thinks it is not cancerous. But she wanted to take a biopsy, so I just did some deep breathing while she went in for 'gold". Gosh did the pressure and activity hurt! But left there, rushed to Orthopedic doctor for 21 yr old daughter who fell while away and hurt her knee. I prayed to my husband so hard that she wouldn't need knee surgery as i had it done it was horrible. Anyway, she got good news with it only being badly banged and it'll take about another 3 weeks to heal the pain completely -- in the meantime, I'm having cramps like you can't believe and my back was killing me.

I prayed for my bed -- just got into it when Sister said she needed help because Mother broke her glasses. Even though she had an old pair, Sister wants to fix these. She went out and was back within 10 minutes but Mother was doing okay with me, so I asked her why she rushed home? she said the glass place was closed so I told her to put her coat back on and go to another place and while she's out, why not stop at a store and look for a new outfit for reunion (did I actually say this????) (who took over my body?)
anyway, there I am with Mother who had her periods of 'yelling'. Gosh could she yell loud when she did. I just looked over made sure there wasn't anything hurting or poking her and let her yell.

She started to dose off and I was blessed with a few of those catnap periods. So ladies . . .

Now I have to wait for biopsy results, praying for good news and prayed happy thanks for daughter's news. In the meantime, I'm now not dreading about staying with Mother. God does work in mysterious ways, I think it was all devined intervention so I could spend some lengthy time with her in anticipation of Saturday's event.

By the way, the one of us going to a concert? Any idea what she's going to see?

Take care One and All -- God Bless the Caregivers and I'm so proud of myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: okay, I did it! but what a day I had as well

That would be me that went to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra..... and it was absolutely awesome.... and our fifth row center floor seats but up right up at the stage. I hightly recommend them to everybody.

I am sitting here smiling because you did amazingly well. I am so very proud of you. You gave your sister some time for herself to do what she needed to do and you survived your Mom..... which gives you even confidence that Saturday night will go well. Whatever took over you mind and body was good for you!!!

Excellent on the good new related to your daughter's knee injury. It is super that she is not going to have to go through surgery and will back to her active self soon.

As for you. I am glad you went to the doctor and had yourself checked out. You can't take care of others unless you take care of yourself first. Waiting is the hardest and I hope you have good news soon. The world from your doctor were encouraging so hang on to that. Let us know when you get the results.... I will keep you in my prayers for good news.

Now I have even more confidence that you will do find on Saturday night. You can do this... we can do anything we set our minds to. YEAH!! for you. I know it was difficult with the cramping and exhaustion for the day. You will be even more ready on Saturday.... So now I hope you are sleeping soundly with sweet dreams in your wonderful bed!!

Love, deb

Old 11-21-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

I am so glad your daughter didn't need surgery. My daughter had ASL knee surgery a month ago today and is still limping badly, and one muscle is not responding to physical therapy.

As for your other symptom - I am sure you will be fine -- they do tend to examine every tiny change and monitor it. Perhaps you will need a D & C but not likely anything more.

Good for you for being so generous and s givning with your sister and your Mom. I am so sorry that she screams so much I hope some medication can be used to help dampen that. It sounds awful.

Good luck with tomorrow's Mom sitting.

Love,

Martha

Old 11-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Hi Caring....
Wow, what a day you've had.....but you made it!!!!!
I have been through that sort of biopsy, so I know exactly how uncomfortable it is, actually it's painful, what am I saying! I will say a prayer for good results......I'm glad you're looking after yourself.....
I wish you the best looking after Mom this weekend, you can do it. If you need a break and a "towel", you know where to come!!!

Love, Caroline xo

Closed Thread