It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Dining room close AGAIN!

Yep, got the noticed this morning. The dining room is once again close and all activities suspended until Monday to stop the spread of that persistent stomach virus. Now that they are not using the wheel chair to take Dad to meals Mom can't figure out why it is there... and wants it GONE! She says Dad is walking "just fine". Wonder how long before she blows!

Sister 3 was planning to eat with them on Thursday. Maybe she can just take a plate. My daughter was planning to eat with them in the dinning room Friday evening but I will run get them all supper out (perhaps one of Mom's favorites). I only plan to be there a short time since I am supposed to be at Sister 4's by 5:30. Then Sister 4 and I will have Mom out most of the day Saturday so hopefully it will be ok.

I had to laugh at Mom this morning when she was telling me the dining room was closed yet again. She said they couldn't get their "stuff" together. I told her they had too much "stuff" to deal with. She thought a minutes and said she didn't want their "stuff". Then even she laughed

Mood meter is still pegged on good Just keep throwing "stuff" at me.... I can deal with it!!

Love, deb

Old 11-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Dining room close AGAIN!

Of course this had to happen over a holiday! With people coming in and visitors....maybe the turkeys are plotting to take over the kitchen and serve pork instead of turkey!

Tell Mom the chair is so that she can wheel Dad around and "drive him crazy". Or that you just knew that she needed extra seating and this was the best you could do on such short notice.....

Dance fast and blame it on your other sister! You go girl!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Dining room close AGAIN!

I just talk to Mom again and told her the chair was there in case she wanted to participate in the wheel chair races. That Sister 4 thought it was a good idea. She had to laugh. She was moppey when I first called but I always have a good reason for whatever is happening.... one that quotes her past wisdoms.... and hang up when she is happy again. I was delighted that Dad answered the phone. That's VERY unusual.... and how I knew Mom was not on top of her game tonight. He didn't have his hearing aid in but without me telling him who I was.... he told Mom Deb was on the phone ..... made my night.

Yes, I do hang on to the little precious moments.

Love, deb

PS.... I hope the turkey's win!!

Closed Thread