It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

Janie5301 HB User
Been reading and thinking of you all

Hi All,
I just wanted you all to know that I continue to read, think and pray about you all but haven't posted for awhile. Some days it's just too hard to and others I'm just too tired to. Mostly, I've been doing pretty well just getting through each day without my dear DH. I can't believe it's been 6 1/2 months already and I'm a little apprehensive about my first holiday season without him. I continue to read about you all and I praise your good days and am saddened on your not so good days. I guess I just wanted you all to know how much I love and pray for you all and that I'm still here. I count my blessings daily and I have many, with all the craziness going on in the world. My family and friends participated in our local Memory Walk back in September and our group was one of the largest fund raisers in our area. I was pretty proud of that and the turnout was amazing! I've also used my towel on occasion and it has been a Godsend from all of you wonderful people. As I'm preparing my Thanksgiving dinner tonight, I am thinking of you all and hoping you have a blessed holiday season.

Love always,
Janie

Old 11-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnydaze1 HB User
Re: Been reading and thinking of you all

Hi Janie,

It's posts like yours that keeps me in perspective and to count my own blessings. I go on about how it's going to be hard dealing with the holiday and what to say to my mom; not even thinking how those who don't have their loved ones with them feel.

My family is dwindling down to just a few of us now. But how blessed I am to have a husband and two healthy sons to spend it with. I miss having babies around and wrapping paper all over the place. It's chaotic and one doesn't realize; and at least I didn't, how precious even that can be at the time.

Take care, and I'll be thinking of you Janie.

Last edited by sunnydaze1; 11-27-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

My dear,
I have gone through the first year and it is tough. But hang onto that towel tight and we will pull you through this first tough set of holidays, To be truthful, I can't even remember what I did last Thanksgiving.

We went home two weeks ago to Minnesota and saw Mom and Dad's graves. It's the first s\we have been back since I buried them. It was painful and hit me like a train. I am sorry to say that I didn't handle it as well as I had expected. In fact I collapsed on their grave. I truly didn't expect that.

But I can say that this Thanksgiving I am at least willing to make the meal and participant. So know that it does get easier as each year passes. It will take you time to heal and to find new ways to celebrate holidays that will mean things to you without the pain tearing you to shreads.

We know you are strong and can do this Janie. I'll hold tight to one end of your towel to help this day if you want. We can be thankful that your hubby isn't suffering...and that should be just about enough, right? Hang in there hon.....
lov.....Jill

Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

As I think of you as well Janie. Surround yourself with your friend and family, grab hold of all the strength you can find, and hang on to your towel. You will get through this time and somewhere on the other side you will find a way to carry the burden of your loss with less difficulty. My thoughts and prayers go with you this holiday season and always. Hold on tight.....

Love, deb

Old 11-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Dear Janie....
I wanted to grab a hold of your towel as well....
We have missed you......and it is so nice to hear from you. Big huge hugs and love to you for the Holidays. I know they will be so hard for you without your darling husband......I hope you can feel all of us giving you a huge hug... and sending all our love.
Love, Caroline xo

Old 11-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
(female)

Janie5301 HB User

I thank you all for your kind and loving words. I can't even tell you how much I enjoy hearing from you. Caroline, Deb & Jill thank you for your support and know that I pray for you all daily. There is life after AD and that I am taking each day one at a time with your support. I love you all and hope that you all had a good Thanksgiving. I made it though with the love of my family and friends and you were all a part of that!

Love and blessings,
Janie

Old 11-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #7
(female)

Janie5301 HB User

Sorry Sunnydaze! Thanks to you as well! I appreciate your kinds words too!
Love Janie

Closed Thread