It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Smile Some bright news

Last Sunday we were over at our youngest son's house for lunch.I had a new dish I had brought the recipe back from WI with me and had made a pumkin roll for desert. They are headed for our dil family for turkey day so we were eating together.

When we finished we bottled the beer that our son started the week after Daddy died last year. He made it in honor of Dad, and made it for Dad , and made it in a style of beer that he would of preferred. It's a great beer with a strong alchol content (14%) good head and nice color. Greer wrote a loving tribute to Daddy that is on the back of the bottle. It brought tears to my eyes.

If that wasn't excitement enough, our grandson Derrick who is 21 months is a real man's boy. He loves is dad and grandpa and our oldest son. But only likes his mother and his day care provider because she has cinnamon toast crunch cereal. On Sunday I said, Derrick, come to Gamma. He reached up his arms and let me pick him up! He gave me a big kiss and sat in my lap for all of 2.5 minutes. Then he said I done. I get down. Thank you...and down he goes. I'm not protesting. I was just floored. This is the first time that he has ever come to me. I came home and put it on the calendar. our daughter(il) thought that was histerical. but I'm so excited. I have never had a child that would not come to me. I can charm the socks off of kids so this has really been a hurt.....

And to top the afternoon off derrick turns around and he has a shirt on that says.... "Im the BIG BROTHER." It seems that we are going to have another little one in July. How my parents would have loved that.....

And that my friends, is the news from lake wanna minnesota....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Some bright news

What wonderful news IBake!! A new little angel for your family is just what you need. Derrick is warming up to his Gramma... give him time. He will reward your patience. I would have put it on a great big banner on the street... "Derrick sat in my lap and I will soon have a new grandbaby to sit with him." hehe... just wait until Gramma is holding the new baby, Derrick will be right there wanting his turn. I am so pleased for you. Yes, your parents are smiling down with love and happiness for you, your son, and your new bundle of joy on the way. The circle of life does go on..... my heart rejoices for you.

Love, deb

Old 11-27-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Beginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB User

What a wonderful day!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

Congratulations on having a wonderful caring happy family. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,

Martha

Old 11-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Now thats some wonderful news to smile about. I miss new babies. Don't think we're going to get anymore grandbabies. I can always hope for an "accident" can't I???? Just kidding.
Congratulations on the breakthrough with Derrick!!!!!! How sweet is that?? I love that...."I done".
I'm happy for you ibake. You deserve alot of smile days.
Now a new one to look forward to. Oh yes deb is so right. Wait until the new one is getting all of the attention. Derrick will be jumping up and down for your attention.
Thinking of you today,
Love Chris

Old 11-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Dearest Ibake,
I have missed this thread, and just came across it! How exciting for you!!! I'm sure you are a wonderful grandmother, and god bless your new little bundle on the way......it is wonderful to hear good news. I hope we can all continue to share our "ups" as well as our downs here......they are what keep us going.
Sooooo very happy for you dear friend! Congrats!!!

Love, Caroline xo

Closed Thread