It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
(female)

lymelink HB User
Smile Alzheimers patients had spirochetosis Lyme Disease

Check out Dr. Oz radio show and findings connecting these two diseases. Also alpha lipoic acid and L Carnitine have been used to reverse dimentia. If you look at the two diseases; they are very similar. Investigate your symptoms and lyme and see what you find. I have had chronic Lyme many years and the brain fog and chronic fatigue is becoming a serious health issue. Good Luck to all!

Last edited by lymelink; 12-07-2008 at 04:44 AM.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

petal*pusher HB User
Re: Alzheimers patients hads spirochetosis Lyme Disease

Morning Lymelink....you are the second person who recently mentioned the connection Lyme's Disease may have with any form of dementia!

(Duncan1 also talked about this in the " is early onset always genetic?" thread.)

So often we believe Alzheimer's and other challenges to be blamed on hereditary or "chance" reasons...and don't think about other factors. I've read what you've posted in many articles and believe this can happen....one other supposed reason for dementia challenges I've read about is the presence of black mold causing similiar problems.

About 10 years ago, on a vacation in the Upper Peninsula here in Mi...I found myself scratching an itchy spot on the back of my neck...when my husband looked, there was that tell-tale red circle a few inches out from the pin-point bite! By the time we returned home, nothing was visable, but I still went to the Dr....she gave me a shot (can't remember what...bad sign with Alzheimer's in the family!) that was supposed to take care of the chances of Lymes Disease. We do have several families locally challenged by Lymes; there is even monthly awareness meetings.

Both you and Duncan have brought up an important issue that should not be ignored! After having Alzheimer's directly affect each of us who post here...if there is even a TINY chance that it can be reversed, it should be considered!

Thank you for your thoughtful post..........Pam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread