It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
(female)

mentalmum08 HB User
Going up to edinburgh

Hello,

You guys crease me up. My weakness for pets runs to cats. We have a 12yr old rescue moggy. She has been fine. We took in another unplanned kitten 4 wks ago, and she has been a trial!! I've no "pee tree", but the little blighter has scrambled under our sink unit and taken to using this as her litter tray. All cleaned up now and blocked off. I've just discovered two classic writers. Never considered them before. J D Salinger and Jack Keruac. I cant put catcher in the rye down. Wonder why it's taken me until my fifty-second year to read it?

Anyway, hubby is home from the middle-east until the 10th January. He's going to drive me up to edinburgh on Tues. I am so nervous?? If I call before hand I'll get attitude. If I just turn up - the same. Damned if i do, damned if i dont. I am churning away inside. I am hiding it, but I am on the verge of tears. Take your point Debs re. the www/url etc. My best mate Candy thinks your all very supportive. Thanks too ibake and caring sister for reaching out to me.

love mentalmum xx

Old 12-19-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Going up to edinburgh

Take a deep breath, First off, she is your mother also...and second off, why do you care what they think? Someone who can't cope so they have to call you to come and help? Hmmmm, doesn't sound like they are such great examples of peoplehood if you ask me!

You are going to have your hubby at your side remember, so I doubt that your dear loving brother (gag on that one!) is going to be too nasty. And your hubbys isn't going to let brother dearest pull any crap, is he? Don't think so. You are going to go and visit with your mother and see how she is doing. IF you want to let brother have a break-that is your choice-but only you can chose to let him, he cannot force you...remember that. So sit and visit for however long you can stomach being there or they will let you. Take another deep breath....you are going to be just fine and you will have seen how your mother is doing. 'K?

Deb and I have a nice assortment of Chirstmas towels that you can take along to hang onto, although I think you are probably more of a wringer that a holder when it comes to towels.... You are going to get through this with all of us standing behind you and your hubby next to you.

GO GET EM!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Going up to edinburgh

I totally agree with IBake. It matters not what other's say or think or do... what matters is your reaction and how you let it effect you!! Make up your mind what you want and go after it.

Go visit your Mom and enjoy the time with her. Ignore the rest. Go up there with a positive attitude and expect the best. Life is about attitude.

Love, deb

Closed Thread