It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

UPBonnie HB User
my sympathies petal*pusher

Petal*pusher, I saw where you just lost your FIL. I always like to read your posts and have learned a lot from them. Everyone here has good information to share.

I noticed you told about his death a few days ago but nobody said anything, so I wanted to. Very sorry, Bonnie

Old 01-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: my sympathies petal*pusher

Bonnie, welcome to the board! And thank you for posting this. I didn't see that message.

Petal*Pusher, I'm so sorry. I hope you're all coping okay. The Lord bless you as you grieve your loss.

Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

My sympathies also to you and your family, Petal, upon this loss. It always seems to me that more people pass away during the holiday season than any other time of year. I am glad you got through it all right, and my prayers are with you.

Bonnie, I received a lot of help by coming to this wonderful forum, and I am sure you will too.

God bless all caregivers.

Love,

Martha

Old 01-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Thank you for bringing this to my attention Bonnie and welcome to our group.

Pedal, I am so sorry for the loss of your Father in Law over the holidays. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your husband, and family.

Love, deb

Old 01-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User

Petal,

may the memories of the good times take precedent and cloud those of the recent time. Remember him as he was

God has him now and he is whole and happy. He is going to have the best time and is lucky to be surrounded by love and joy everyday. Someday you will all be together again.

My sympathy to you and your family. -- from your internet buddies and me

Caring

Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
(female)

Janie5301 HB User

Petal,
Losing someone you love is always a sad thing, but during the holidays makes it more difficult. Know that all of us here are grieving with you and hope that with time and God's love you and your family will get through it. My love and prayers are with you and your family and you know where to find us when you need us.

Love,
Janie

Old 01-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

I'm so sorry Petal I didn't see that posting. You have my deepest sympathy. It looks like it got past most of us.
When someone passes over the holidays its a terrible thing. My Grandma passed away on Christmas Eve years ago. Mom has a hard time every year remembering the pain of her Moms death.
I'm so sorry for your family.

Love, Chris

Old 01-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

my condolences petal. i did not see the post.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

petal*pusher HB User

Thanks my friends...I appreciate your kind thoughts. I hadn't made a seperate thread in reference to loosing my FIL...just had mentioned it in a couple of my posts. It is a blessing he is not suffering now; his body shut down about 3 weeks before...same as MIL last Christmas. He was 92.

He passed away the 27th, 4 years after diagnosis. My Oregon daughter came in the day before, so her 4 day stay went much too quickly! Funeral was "interesting" with 1 brother not talking to the other 2........sigh.....

UPBonnie I appreciate you mentioning our loss...and want to also welcome you to these forums. All here surely know your frustrations and worries.........please post often...........Pam

(I see you're from the Upper Peninsula...my absolute favorite place! I have one garden full of those beautiful Lake Superior stones...and I gather more each summer!)

Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Petal,

I am soo sorry about your loss. It is lerrible enough that you lost your FIL, but to loose him at the holidays is even worse. It makes the holidays even harder. You are in my thoughts and prayers, as are your family..

Closed Thread