It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
got to get this off my chest . . .

Stupid people who don't know better should keep their mouth's shut!

When someone hasn't walked in shoes of either a caregiver or someone who is supporting a caregiver, they shouldn't feel they have a right to offer an opinion.

I have someone who feels that if my sister is not able to or incapable of making informed, quality decisions for my mother THEN IT SHOULD BE ME TO DO IT!!!!

You've got to be kidding.

All this because the hospital kicked her out of the facility and transferred her to a facility of their choosing. And my sister didn't think to call the hospital to see if she's still there and the new facility didn't call us upon her arrival so we didn't know it was done!

And people think I'm heartless because I took a tranquilizier that put me to sleep and I didn't wake up at all through the night!.

I've got to stop making people dump on me or make me feel like I'm not being good to my mother! -- My Sister's been terrific for most of this and will deal with the Medicaid people on her own. She was told of my high blood pressure and borderline diabetes and such and said she wants me to stay calm and try to stay out of things so I don't get sick.

My aunt and family doctor who knows us all, even said "stay out of it or your sister will possibly say or place you for things in the future". and I don't want that. Bad enough that over time some aspects of things that occurred with her and the living arrangements with Mom, etc. became skewed over time.

Oh well, Thanks for letting me vent, vent, vent. I am not vented out!

Whew! The guilt we let some people lay on us!

love to everyone
CaringSister54

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: got to get this off my chest . . .

Diane,
Vent away dear sis. Why not ask that dear aunt where she was when her sister was getting so bad? WHy didn't come and help bear the burden? She has no right to criticise you or sister when you are working so hard to get all of this taken care of. So vent away as loud and long as you want. We have broad shoulders and lots of towels.

Make sure you rest and take your meds..we worry about you, you know....
lots of hugs my dear....

Old 01-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: got to get this off my chest . . .

Caring... tell them that they are welcome to do it if they think they can do a better job... otherwise know that you and your sister are doing what you can. What you need to do is dismiss whatever is said. They don't know what you are going through, what has happened, and why it has happened because they are not there. So ignore them. The comments of the uninvolved are not worth spiking your BP over

Take care of yourself and do what you are supposed to. Your health is most important. Let us do the worrying for you

Love, deb

Closed Thread