It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
CaringSister54 Update . . .

To all my wonderful 'board' buddies

Just wanted you to all know that Sister got a call from attending physician for Mom in nursing home saying its not going good. She really can't eat. Sister said "there's a living wil in place".
His reply was "okay, I'll look through the file"
Sister yelled at me "what the heck, don't they read anything or go through anything. Why the heck do we provide them with stuff if no one reads crap!".

Anyway, he said to her that it needs to be the time to bring hospice involvement and sister said that she just needs more time, she's not ready.

Its the making the final funeral arrangements that's hanging her up. While she did preliminary stuff, she is having trouble going over to do finalized stuff.
I know its difficult -- been there, done that for both father and husband.

Just wanted everyone to know. Keep us in your prayers and hope that God takes her soon. Mother deserves peace and happiness after all this, she's had a good life -- and Sister needs to start to refocus on her own.

Love to all
CaringSister54

Old 02-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
Re: CaringSister54 Update . . .

Hi Caring.....
I will certainly add you and your mom to my prayer list........you are such a wonderful sister and daughter. I pray for peace for all of you in this awful illness......
I really am glad you and others (including myself) have found this board. The people here are about the most caring group of individuals I've ever seen online.....more like family than our flesh and blood.
Hang in there.....
Love, Caroline xo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

It would really be best if she went quickly. I pray for a good outcome for all of you.

Love,

Martha

Old 02-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User

We wish her God speed.

Love, Meg

Old 02-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Diane,

You are in my prayers...as in your mother and sister....

Old 02-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

petal*pusher HB User

My prayers join the others, Caring. You have been in my thoughts today, so I'm glad to read an update. Your sister is really having a hard time accepting reality...and she's scared of what may be ahead. My Mom is so close to the end of her journey also...

It's obvious you are the strength needed right now....take care of yourself, my friend.

Know we're all there by your side..........Pam

Old 02-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

polina HB Userpolina HB User

It must be so hard when it gets to this point. You know in your heart it is for the best . Yet it can be so very difficult to finally let go. It is the final end of it all that is so scary. My heart goes out to you and sister. Letting go is so very hard!!

Love Pauline

Old 02-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

My prayers are added to the other Diane for you, your mom, and your sister. I do hope your sister can come to grips with what needs to be done, your Mom has an easy transition, and you all find the peace that you so despirately need.

Love, deb

Old 02-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Hi Diane,
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you today.....and sending you my prayers. I know this is a very tough time for you....and for your sister.
You both remind me of my mom and my Uncle. My uncle is much like your sister, and I worry what will happen to him when grandma is gone, caring for her has become his life. As much as I worry for mom, I know she is his only lifeline, which I'm sure is what you are for your sister. That is so important for her, for you both, and I know you will get each other through this.....

Love, Caroline xo

Old 02-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
(female)

fourt9rkim HB User

I hope your sister can realize there IS life after caregiving. We are never ready for our loved ones to leave us, but I hope your sister can see that your mom is ready to go....and will give your mom her blessing to go. I thought I would be a complete wreck once mom died, but when it did happen, I was thankful that she was finally free, and whole again.

I'm hoping that your mom has a peaceful transition, and that both you and your sister can start living life again.

Closed Thread