It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

polina HB Userpolina HB User
Mom is back in the Hospital again

Hi everyone,

I had to bring Mom into the hospital on Thursday. She was going down hill for about a good week or so. Every time I would even mention the word hospital she would throw a fit. So I just kept trying to care for her at home not realizing she was getting worse and worse. I know I have talked about how she sufffers with Congestive heart failure well she started all the symptoms of it again took her to her PCP 10 days ago who just uped her diuretic dosage. What I didn't realize is I should of been in touch with her Cardio Dr instead of her PCP or talked with both. Well, the increase dosage of Lasix was shutting down her Kidneys. So now she is in the hospital with Heart failure, Kidney failure and Liver disease. She has so much going aganist her right now that she is in for the fight of her life. She is so frail now I am not sure if she will have the fight like she had so many other times. I think at this point all I want is what is best for her. I know there is a plan for her and I feel whatever that plan is It needs to happen soon. She is suffering way to much now. It breaks my heart and my poor dad's heart to see her like this.
I just wanted to post and let everyone know. Although I did not post here alot because I was so busy taking care of mom most nights. I did read each and everyones post and learned so much about everyone here that I feel we are all family.

Love Pauline

Last edited by polina; 02-28-2009 at 05:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User
Re: Mom is back in the Hospital again

We know how much you've been invested in caring for Mom. Our prayers are with you.

Love
CaringSister54

Old 02-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User

I just want you to know we are thinking of you...hold on...we're here when you need help. Bless you and your mom.

Love, Meg

Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

I pray for the best for you and your Mom. I know you have invested so much into your Mom's care but we are not miracle workers. As you said, there is a plan. She has fought so long and so hard that all we can pray for is what is best for her. So that is my prayer. Know we are holding on to your towels and have you firmly wrapped in them as well.

Love, deb

Old 02-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Oh Pauline,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope that there is something that can be done, but then you wonder if there isn't something else that god has planned for her.

I will keep her and your family in my prayers. But I'll pray that god decide to do whatever he feels is best because that seems to be all we can hope for.
We are all holding tight to our end of your towel, so don't let go dear....

Old 03-01-2009, 03:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

Oh Pauline, I am so sorry for what is happning to your Mom and you. You got her to the hospital and they will do their best, so don't beat up on yourself. You are both in my prayers.

Love,
Martha

Old 03-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Hi Pauline.....

Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for you and your mom......

Caroline

Old 03-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Dear Pauline,

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to your Mom. We'll be here waiting for an update on all of you. If this were my Mom I would hope that her suffering was over soon. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs to you,
Chris

Old 03-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

petal*pusher HB User

Pauline...my prayers and gentle thoughts join the others...Pam

Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

To all my good friends,
Thank you so very much for your caring thoughts and prayers for Mom.
I wish had some positive news to report to everyone, but everything is still pretty much the same. She is in critical condition in ICU. Her Kidneys are not responding yet. They talked to dad and I today about Dialysis. She is fighting for her life.
All your thoughts and love passed on to me has meant the world to me .

I will let you know what tomorrow brings. We are expecting a foot of snow up here in Boston tomorrow as well UGH!!

Love to all,
Pauline

Old 03-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

She is still fighting and that is good. I will continue to keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers. Be careful in the snow...

Love, deb

Old 03-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi to all my friends,

Just wanted to give another update on mom.
She is still fighting for her life at a major Boston Hospital. One good thing Boston has some of the best hospitals. We are lucky. She has Kidney failure and the heart failure. They did two days of Dialysis treatments for the Kidneys but then today she started with an upper Gi bleed so thay had to do an emergency scope procedure to go in and band the bleeding. They have done that but now she is on a ventilator to assist her with breathing. It really isn't going well for her. She seems to have to many things stacking up aganist her now. Dad wants to give her every chance she has. So tonight they transported her to another Boston Hospital in the Trauma unit. They are better equipped at handling these cases. So she is getting the best available care and treatment possible. The rest is up to God and what he has planned for her now.

Love to all Pauline

Old 03-04-2009, 04:52 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Dear Pauline....
So sorry for you and your family going through this, it must be so hard. She is getting the best medical treatment and has the love of her family. As you said, all that's left now is for God to take over, and take her home......my heart goes out to you all though going through this hard part.

Love and prayers,
Caroline xo

Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your Dad, and your Mom Pauline. Yes, you do have some of the best hospitals in the nation and it is good that your Mom is getting the best care available. Beyond that it is up to her how much she can withstand. She had fought the long fight. All of you are doing all you can. the rest is left to a higher power...

Love, deb

Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User

Dear Pauline,

Your family are in my prayers tonight. I really don't know what to say to you other than what has already been said by your friends here. Just know that your in my thoughts and I hope for you and your Dad a restful night. Its all so hard I know. God bless your family and my prayer for you is peace.

Love and hugs to you,
Chris

Closed Thread