It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
(female)

PineappleMSW208 HB User
Confusion and Hope

Mom is82. We found out she had a UTI and then found they were pretty much ongoing. She was on a daily low does antibiotic that did not work. When she was first diagnosed she was given Cipro and it worked like a charm, but soon after she went off of it, she got another UTI (within a week). Now we found she probably has a brain lesion causing some confusion. So I did some research and found Cipro is a good antibiotic if the lesion is caused by infection. Because Cipro worked for the confusion but there was another UTI, it made me wonder if there was really not a UTI but the infection was from the brain lesion. So now we have her on Cipro daily. The first day was almost immediately different. We are holding out hope that there is just an infection that had seemed to be UTI but was the brain lesion infection. If the Cipro continues to work, there could either be the infection in the brain lesion will be completely gone (not real likely) or the infection will be controlled. Cross everything!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Confusion and Hope

I will cross everything and keep both you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers that this works for her. I am glad she is doing better and I do hope it continues. Keep us informed on her progress. There are so many medication side effects and medical conditions that mimick dementia it is always good to hear of someone who's confusion could be reversed. That gives hope to so many and also points out the important of leaving no stone unturned when searching for answers.

hope to hear from you again soon...

Loe, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread