It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

jannar HB User
My mother!

I just got home from the store. There was a message on my answering machine from my mother's assisted living--over two hours away from me. They said my mother was refusing to go to dinner because she was sure I was coming to take her out for dinner. This behavior has never happened before so they really thought that I was coming. They let her sit for 30 minutes to wait for me. They then decided to give me a call. When I didn't answer, they took her to the dining room with all of the other residents. I couldn't believe that the assisted living staff thought she knew what she was talking about. I'm just glad they called and didn't let her sit there and miss her dinner completely! It's something new every day with this disease--I still have a lot to learn.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: My mother!

what is your mother diagnosed with? i hope you were able to talk to her on the telephone at least. i feel for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: My mother!

Been there, had that happen, Jannar. The facility is really good about calling to see if it is true. Once Mom was mixed up and through I would be there before lunch when I actually told her after lunch. The last time I think it was just wishful thinking on her part that she wanted me to be there. Dad, for years, he has just decided it was time for me to visit and said I was coming. Funny but it works. When Dad says I am coming to see him I try my best to be there They are really good at Mom's AL about getting them to meals no matter what they say and if they can't get them to meals they will bring the meals to them. They are also good at checking out their stories. You are right, it is something new and different every time you turn around.

Love, deb

Closed Thread