It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Deep throat

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if it means anything. My husband and I both noticed over the last few days that his mom's voice has gotten lower. She doesn't seem to be coming down with anything. It's just a lower voice. Weird? Is this part of the Alzheimer's progression? I don't know what else to think. I guess it's no big deal, but I just wondered.

Who knows what's next? (Today, she wanted me to take her to Walgreen's so they could tell her where her money is.)

Thanks,
Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User
Re: Deep throat

I can't say about the low voice but my mom is always worried about where her money is...maybe your mom just used the wrong word and said Walgreen's instead of the bank..my mom is always using wrong words. It's so sad that she is so concerned about money but I guess for all of us our mom's and dad's came from the depression era where they worried about every penny.

My mom does clear her throat a lot so I have gotten hard candies for her to suck on to keep her throat moist.

Her throat is also the first place that shows symptons just before she gets really sick with a cold.

It's always something, huh?

Love, Meg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread