Re: adjusting of a shunt for NPH
Thank you Martha, we got through to the surgeon & her recent Ct shows that there is still fluid. He also said this can take time to drain, so we are taking that as a good sign & that there is still hope. Monday she will have her post op & we are praying the shunt can be adjusted to allow more pressure to be off the brain. She actually had her best day yesturday. We are to take her in for another CT right away if it worsens.
She is also off the Namenda & there is a definate improvement in her overall mood,at least for now. I will keep my eye on that.
The homecare was suggesting to put her back on before finding out the results of her recent CT so I am glad her husband did not do so, as now we know the fluid is still present. We really wanted to wait for her first follow up to make anymore changes. I am discovering how little the medical community knows about NPH. Thank you for your time & god bless, Sam