It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
(male)

rathorebc HB User
Mild cerebral atrophy

Sir,
I am a man of 49 years. I have been habitual of chewing tobacoo since long (i.e. since 1976). My MRI Brain reads as follows:
Multiplanar MR imaging of a cranium was done on a supercon magnet using a dedicated head coil. T1, T2 weighted, T2 FLAIR & Gradient images were obtained in axial, coronal and saggital plane.
1. Mild prominence of sulci, basal cisterns, sylvian fissures and ventricular system is noted.
2. Both the cerebral hemispheres demonstrate normal signal intensities elsewhere but for atrophic changes.
3. Both cerebellar hemispheres and brainstem are normal.
4. Septum is in middline.
5. Sella & parasellar regions are normal.
6. Vessels around circle of Willis are normal.
7. Bilateral maxillary sinusitis is noted.
IMPRESSION: These findings are suggestive of Mild Cerebral atrophy.
I shall be highly grateful if anyone of you be kind enough to tell me the seriousness of my problem and the further initiative likely to be taken to cure this problem, if possible.
Looking forword your kind suggestions.
Yours sincerely,
Bhuvan

Last edited by moderator2; 04-06-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: please do not post your email address in the public forums - instead, use the private messaging system

Old 04-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: Mild cerebral atrophy

This site is a self help group where people with similar problems can share with each other. Speaking only for myself, I do not understand medical terms, and thus cannot help you with your questions. I suggest you schedule time with your physician for a long talk, and get him or her to explain all these matters to you. Good luck.

Martha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Mild cerebral atrophy

Mild cerebral atrophy only means that the brain is physically smaller than typical for a "normal" person of your sex and age. It could be absoluely normal for you and there is nothing wrong. It could be a foreshadowing of a future problem. You would need another MRI (past or future) to compare to see if there were changes to know for sure. I agree with Martha, you need to schedule time to talk to you doctor about this diagnosis.

Love, deb

Closed Thread