It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
update: on new inhome caregiver

IN ONE BIG WORD....SUCCESS, I went to moms the day before as I thought I would have to be the buffer between the caregiver and my mom... I had no sleep worrying about this... The caregiver arrived on time and as we had conspired, when I opened the door for her she gave me a big hug and said she was so glad to meet up with me again.. it has been so long, and on she went, my mom welcomed her in and took to her right away. the caregiver made a light lunch for my mom and I mentioned that I needed to go and pay some bills, my mom just looked at me and said what was I waiting for, to get going.... the whole visit was great, my dad played in his workshop the whole day and when it was time for the caregiver to leave, my mom insisted that her new best friend come back soon for another visit, and they arranged for her to come back next wednesday and spend the day visiting, walking the dog and hanging out..... it could not have gone better,,, when I was leaving I asked my dad what he thought, a big smile came over his face that told the whole story... now I know that not: every visit will be like this but what a great way to start...

Last edited by jagsmu; 11-05-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: update: on new inhome caregiver

That is phantastic news Jags!!!! It could not have gone better and hopefully it will stay that way. Your Mom was probably happy to have the company and your Dad was elated to have a day to himself.... and you can ease those worries and catch up on your sleep because YOU DID GOOD!!! It was a great plan, well executed, and a super success. Good for you!!!

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User

Great News Jags. Like to hear positive things in an illness environment that can have such negative days.

You had a very sensitive and caring person come on your case and I'm sure it will work well. But the real test is if she comes when you're not there and would your Mom think its strange?

CaringSister54

Old 11-06-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

Well done! I hope it continues to go this well.

Love,

Martha

Old 11-06-2009, 04:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

polina HB Userpolina HB User

Sometimes the hard part of trying to set everything all up with the hopes it works is so stressful. It may just turn out to be easier then you thought. I remember how my mom was so aganist having a VNA nurse. Once kathy starting coming on a weekly basis my mom loved it. It was the social interaction of a young warm caring person that she loved. Kathy became like family to us.
Day one was a success!! Good job!!!

Love pauline

Closed Thread