It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

Grobler HB User
Smile New patient finds peace

Thank you for your support, your prayers and your wonderful friendship. It means so much to me. I have peace in my heart now. I live in the most beautiful sunset of my life before the darkness sets in. I live with my eldest daughter and all my children(5 children and their families) are so supportive. I feel so sorry for them for I know that they are going to suffer a great deal.
Love you all
Jenny

Old 11-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: New patient finds peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobler View Post
Thank you for your support, your prayers and your wonderful friendship. It means so much to me. I have peace in my heart now. I live in the most beautiful sunset of my life before the darkness sets in. I live with my eldest daughter and all my children(5 children and their families) are so supportive. I feel so sorry for them for I know that they are going to suffer a great deal.
Love you all
Jenny

Jenny - It's a blessing that you have such a wonderful support system! Don't be afraid, and don't worry......your daughter will take care of you, whatever happens, you are safe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Jenny that attitude will serve you and your children well. I admire your strength and courage. Enjoy this time with your children. Grab every minute of pleasure you can, while you can. These will be precious memories for them. When given a difficult situation we have to make the best of it. We have to decide what is important and grab hold. It is a marvelous time you have because none of us know if there will be a tomorrow. You have an insight and can spend this time focused on what is important We all need to live like there is no tomorrow and be grateful if we do get another day to do the same.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayer. I wish for you many days of enjoyment. Keep your eyes on the beauty in your life

Love deb

The following user gives a hug of support to Gabriel:
rekem (11-09-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:
Grobler (11-09-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 04:55 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Beginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB User

You have many, many times of happiness with your family in the coming years to look forward to! We never know when we will slip away forever, and each of us needs to enjoy the blessings in each day. The hard part is always to come to peace with our mortality and to learn to treasure the good in each day. It sounds as if you have achieved this, which will definitely help you and your family to live your lives fully in the coming years. You have so many good things still to enjoy!

However, you can help to give your children peace in the future if you tell them your wishes now. You will see families on this board struggle over and over again about feeding tubes, nursing homes, pacemakers and other medical decisions for their loved ones. It doesn't matter whether its Alzheimers, heart disease or cancer -- we ALL need to let our loved ones know our wishes, so they don't have to struggle with those decisions someday.

The Following User Says Thank You to Beginning For This Useful Post:
Grobler (11-10-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

you are so courageous. enjoy every minute of every day. you have such a wonderful family.

The following user gives a hug of support to debbie g:
Grobler (11-10-2010)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie g For This Useful Post:
Grobler (11-10-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
(female)

Grobler HB User
Smile Re: New patient finds peace

Thanks Debbie. Your support means so much to me. May God bless you.
Love Jenny

Closed Thread