It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

julie99 HB User
Unhappy My mom is gone now.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my mom passed away Monday night while I was with her (by myself)
I was terrified when they came in and told me they weren't getting a reading
on her heart. They kept up with it in the office.
I knew Sunday morning it was almost time, because she had pure blood in her urine and her INR reading was off the charts. Her blood was so thing they
couldn't even get a reading. They gave her two more pints of blood.

They wouldn't have done so much testing on her but my sister got rough with them and they were probably afraid of a law suit. She just couldn't let her go. Everything had to be done in the way she thought it should be done.

The whole time she was in the hospital she only opened her eyes a little bit.
They said she was too weak to close them so we closed them for her.
Then about 2 hours before she died, she opened her eyes wide. She looked like she was looking at you, but she didn't show any signs of recognition.
Later she closed her eyes again like she was resting.

I was in the bathroom and I could have sworn she said my name, but when I went out she looked the same. I guess I imagined it. Although I really blieve she knew she was dying.
She had been through some really bad times, and her body was worn out.

When they did a cat scan, they said her brain had a lot of plaque where she had had strokes and had dementia.

We have to wait until Friday for the funeral. She is being buried in a National Cemetary next to my dad.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: julie99
gfaithe (11-10-2010), leonap (11-13-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: My mom is gone now.

I am so sorry for you and your sister Julie... but celebrate for your Mom, her life and what she meant to you girls. I wish for you and your sister the courage and strength you will need and peace.

As for your sister, if the test gave her some comfort in knowing she had done all that she could then so be it. It is her way of letting go. I hope she can find peace now.

Your Mom is finally at peace. My Dad did something very similar. After being non responsive he did open his eyes wide, look into the distance without recognition of his surroundings, and afterward he seemed to be at peace. He said the words "Absolutely beautiful!". There was no mistake because both my sister and I heard it. I just know it was a moment I will never forget and that gives me peace. I know he is in a better place.

Know I will keep you and your sister in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this week, the services, the celebration of her life. Beyond that I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers that you find comfort and peace in your grief.

Love, deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

My deepest sympathy, Julie, It is hard. Losing my Mom was the hardest thing ever. I know your Mom is now in a better place, well and happy and in her right mnd. You will eventually remember mainly the good times, and not the final throes of Dementia. My love and prayers,

Martha

The Following User Says Thank You to Martha H For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i so feel for you. my mom passed a year and a half ago from dementia. it was the most devastating time in my life. time does help but there is not one day that goes by that i dont think about her. i also look at her picture every day. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Following User Says Thank You to debbie g For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
(female)

CAJ0818 HB UserCAJ0818 HB UserCAJ0818 HB User

Julie I am so sorry about your loss, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I pray for strength that you will need to get through the viewing and funeral. We always know that they have gone to a better place and can dance again if they want, but that does not stop the pain. So please do what you need to do, to take care of yourself. Come back here and cry and vent if you need to. We are here for you. Lots of hugs!

Love,
Julie

The Following User Says Thank You to CAJ0818 For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Old 11-11-2010, 04:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

polina HB Userpolina HB User

Julie,

It has been a long road for your mom your sister and you. Your mom has come to rest in peace. Over time you and your sister will be at peace that your mom is not suffering anymore.

A year ago my mom passed away. Like your sister, dad and I kept trying to do everything to keep mom alive, but now I know she is where she needs to be. She was so very sick... the pain and suffering for her and your mom is over. Everyday I miss my mom.... as time goes on I feel I miss her more. But I do not miss watching her being so sick and suffering. That part I am glad has ended. In time you will get to the point where you will feel the same Julie. The next few days and months are truly the most difficult.
I wish you lots of strength and courage...

Love pauline

The Following User Says Thank You to polina For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Old 11-11-2010, 05:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User

Oh Julie..I am so sorry to read this news but so happy your mother's days of agony are over.

I wish you peace and solace in the days to come.

My prayers are with you and your family.
Love, Meg

The Following User Says Thank You to meg1230 For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #8
(female)

brokenhearted2 HB User

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My mom passed away in September. It has been very, very hard. Just take one day at a time and cry when and where you need too. Time does help, but it is not easy. My thoughts are with you and your family.

The Following User Says Thank You to brokenhearted2 For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #9
(female)

leonap HB User

I am sooooooooooo sorry for your loss.You and your family are in my heart and in my prayers.xoxoxoxoxo

The Following User Says Thank You to leonap For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

TC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB User

Julie - Sending you a huge {{{hug}}}. Don't doubt that she said your name - she probably did. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers and wishing comfort for you at this difficult time

The Following User Says Thank You to TC08 For This Useful Post:
julie99 (11-15-2010)
Closed Thread