It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
(female)

aviovaimo HB Useraviovaimo HB User
crappy weather, crappy mood...

Hello you all wonderful people(yes you are wonderful,don`t let anyone tell you otherwise)---I`m just venting here and I know I`ll feel lighter and better as soon as I`ve finished.......we`ve had such gloomy,rainy weather for 2 days it`s awful----I don`t know how you guys cope in the colder climates when it`s like this for much longer! I need my sunshine back! I`m convinced it makes DH feel better,too.Yesterday he was up & down and up & down the house because the house was apparently full of people and then he said our son was going to be arrested and he just was all doom and gloom.Did not want to come to the shop with me .I tried to put the car on the road and in order to do that,I shut the dogs in for 2 minutes so they won`t run out of the gate.Well DH insisted on standing in the doorway and would not go in or out so I could shut the door.I got so exasparated I said Oh Jesus Christ! and his very calm reply was Yes he`s in heaven......oh crap......finally I just got him in and put the car out and manage to persuade him to come out with me.He stayed in the car coz it was pouring with rain----still is----but he was different when we got back home.Last night he woke me up 5 times to tell me the house had burned down--never mind we`re in bed in it!It just seems so much better when it`s dry and sunny and you sit on the patio or walk in the garden or whatever.I know that compared to what others go through,these are not problems,just challenges.Sometimes just need to put them down to put life in perspective again......bloody rain.....
On a happier note,tomorrow is his 86th birthday and 8 of us are going out for lunch ---him,me our son and daughter,his daughter and son plus spouses that have flown in.I hope they agree with the place I`ve booked and I hope they don`t mind that I already told them I can`t afford to pay the bill,everyone has to contribute.....and I hope it`s sunny!Oh God I do rattle on.....I have a thousand gallons of water in my garden so now I have to watch for the mosquitoes---yikes.I need to just take some deep breaths and say the Serenity prayer and stop my head for a minute.Thanks for the opportunity to vent--love you all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

TC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB User
Re: crappy weather,crappy mood.......

Hey Avi Sorry you're having a hard time We'll be entering into our "doom and gloom" weather here in the Pacific Northwest very, very soon (we have had an unusual streak of sunny and very warm - for us - 80s weather - but the clouds and rain are now moving in). I'm already feeling the desire for more coffee

I hope the birthday gathering goes well for all. Hang in there and let us hear from you

Old 09-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

happy birthday to your husband! hopefully the sun will be out soon.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Happy Birthday to your husband! 86 years young! My FIL is 90.
You are so fortunate to have a large family to help out!

Hugs,
Nina

Old 09-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
(female)

aviovaimo HB Useraviovaimo HB User

Well so much for large family that wants to help.......the son(who flew in yesterday with his wife) and the daughter (who arrived today with her husband) won`t see DH until tomorrow evening and they are staying 5 minute drive away.....plus they said they can`t do lunch tomorrow because they are not happy with their hotel and have to find somewhere else to stay.Well the mind boggles---neither of them have seen their dad for a long time,you`d think they`d be in a hurry to see him!
Anyway,the 4 of us are going to lunch and make sure DH has a great time!I`m just glad that he does not "get" it and so does not really worry!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: crappy weather, crappy mood...

Avio... I do hope the sun will come out for you in so many different ways I do think the gloomy weather affects us all. DH can not follow his beloved routine and you are stuck in the house as well which affects your mood. Just know the sun will come back out and you will be basking in the salt and sunshine soon.

As for family. What can I say? There is no way to predict their inconsistencies. You just do the best you can with the ones that show up and the rest... well they will just miss the good times. I will bet, if they have not seen their Dad in a while, there is apprehension on their part and they are stalling. I just hope they show up eventually and spend quality time with there Dad. Some just do not deal with illness as well as others.... and some don't see the urgency because they think they have forever. You can't "fix" them... all you can "fix" is your thought process So go out and have a little fun!.. sorry they missed it hehe

Love, deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:
aviovaimo (09-18-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: crappy weather, crappy mood...

its crappy and raing in chicago and all i want to do is sleep.

Closed Thread