It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
Another Fall!!!

Geeze just when I thought everything was coming together my mom had another fall. They took her to get exrays of her hip because she said she was in pain on that side, the same side she had the replacement, exrays came back and the hip looks really good, no problems there, when I tried to get her out of her chair tonight she was once again yelling in pain, I looked her leg over carefully and found that it is her knee or there abouts that is hurting her, the nurse came in and examed her and came to the same conclusion, so either later tonight or first thing in the morning they will exray the whole leg and see if something happened, a break or a frature or pray to god just brused knee, so if any of you can say an extra prayer tonight I sure would appreciate it..

judy.

Last edited by jagsmu; 01-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to jagsmu:
ninamarc (01-16-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Another Fall!!!

Geeeez Louise!!! What next!?!? Hopefully nothing is broken and just a soft tissue injury. At least you know the hip is ok! I do wish medical professionals would consider the dementia and take a little more time and effort when determine what is wrong.

There was a sweet lady in Mom's unit that fell recently. They ask her if she was ok... YES! Can you get up... YES! Does this feel ok (pointed to a body part).... YES! Are you sure you are ok.... YES! Every question they ask her was a YES answer. So I leaned down and ask.... Do you hurt! You know it, we got that same YES answer! Then I ask if she needed to go to the hospital and again she said.... YES! It became quickly obvious that she didn't have a clue what she was being ask. She was just saying YES to everything. That is when I explained to the med tech how to check for fractured hips and pain without asking questions. It was determined she was ok thankfully.

Be sure to fill us in when you know the details and I hope it is nothing major. Your Mom has been through enough!

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User

I am at my wits end... I am praying really hard that it is just a soft tissue injury, I am not going to think what this might mean if something is fractured. I was just thinking that we were due for a break, but not this kind....another sleepless night with the phone beside me.
judy

Old 01-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
(female)

aras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB User

Sorry You and your mom have to go through this. Maybe it is just a bruise. They can be very painful. Hope the x-rays of the knee come back good.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Thinking about you this morning Jags and hoping the news is good!

Love, deb

Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Any news yet Jags? You and your Mom have been on my mind..

Love, deb

Old 01-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

the doctor has decieded that there is just soft tissue injury, so no x-rays had to be done, I am sure glad to hear that bit of news, all those good thoughts and prayers must have worked. so back to the grindstone. We had a snowfall here yesterday and so i could not stay long with mom. we normally get a bit of snow each year that lasts maybe a week or so.it does cause a bit of havic. don't know how those that live with snow 3 or 4 months of the year do it.

Last edited by jagsmu; 01-17-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

That is good to hear Jags I am sure you are relieved!

As for the snow, those that don't get much do have more difficulty when they do get snow than those that get a lot. We get snow occasionally as well and it tends to shut down everything! But we do not have the necessary snow removal equipment to keep life moving. It is not financially feasible to maintain the equipment necessary to use perhaps once a year. Not to mention most have no idea how to drive in the white stuff or the correct tires or vehicles. Snow days are good

Again, so very glad that Mom is ok

Love, deb

Closed Thread