It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
here we go again

I have been so upset for the last couple of days that I did not want to post anything, Once more my mom has kissed the floor. I got the call on friday morning, they wanted me to come in right away instead of waiting until 3 in the afternoon as I have been doing. That was the shortest drive to town that I have made in the last 4 months, i got to the hospital and my mom was moaning and groaning, it was really awlful, the doctor was there doing an assesment and determined that there was nothing broken, they had not given her anything for pain yet as they were afaid it would mask the problem, so after the assesment the pain pill was given, All day my mom was in pain and the nurses worried, I worried. Taking my mom to the bathroom was so horrible that I made the nurses do it and even they could not contend with causing her more pain, the nurses then decided that it must be a broken pelvic. I was in tears more than anything, x rays were done and it do not show anything, they re-x-rayed again later in the day thinking that they missed something and it still showed nothing, finally they gave her something quite strong to help and she settled down, I left the hospital at around 10 that night, i went back up around noon yesterday and there was my mom happy as a clam sitting there looking at me and my heart melted. some brusing on her leg and her arm is a mess but as I said nothing broken, no stitches,they have assigned a nurse one on one with my mom for a bit to make sure she does not get out of bed in the morning byherselve.... so the move is still on for monday morning... omg what a weekend...and it is only sunday. come on monday!!!!!

luv judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: here we go again

I am so sorry your Mom fell again. Sure am glad she does not have broken bones.
Well sometime she may feel agony as well as pain. She does not understand the pain and why and thus she sounded bad to the nurse. I am sorry she had to be x-rayed twice. At least she has nothing broken.
Now I am sure you cannot wait until tomorrow to move her to the new home!
Sure hope nothing will go wrong today....

My FIL had a fall once back in May last year, and he complained that he had back pain. So they sent him to the ER for the x-ray. It turned out to be nothing is broken on the surface.
The doctor felt that some bone in the back might be fractured a little so he gave him a stronger pain killer for 1 month. He was OK after that. The doctor is smart. Some broken bone does not need any repairs.

Hope your Mom will like the new home!

Hugs,
Nina

Old 01-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

sorry to hear that, but at least nothing was broken. i know its so mentally draining let alone physical. tomorrow is monday and my thoughts are with you.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Jags.. she just needed to give you one more scare before settling in her new place! Sometimes there is not an injury to cause distress. The fall itself is scary. The changes in routine after a fall is scary. There may be some soreness that she doesn't understand that is causing distress. Their brains function very differently from ours which makes it so hard to determine what is going on. Even your distress at the idea of something major wrong could throw Mom off kilter. Then suddenly they "come around" and you find them smiling and back to normal.

I had the opposite problem with Mom after her fall on Tuesday night. She was "sleeping" to the point of being unresponsive. Even when moved, taken out in the cold rain and wind, moved moved moved moved... back out in the cold rain... she never once opened her eyes. I truly felt it might be a result of the blow to the head but nothing was found. After 3 more hours sleeping she sat straight up with a smile on her face ready for breakfast and the day

If you were like me, I was so very happy to see that smile which melted all the worries but then again I wanted to smack something for all the uncalled for distress of the last many hours You never know!

Monday is one wake up away and you will have Mom in a much better place. Sleep well tonight knowing that better days are ahead

Love, deb

Closed Thread