It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
Give me Strength!!!

The care home just called, they went over the x-rays once more and my mom has broken her other hip and will be in surgery first thing in the morning,,, they are transfering her back to the hospital later today, now I need to go find my traveling shoes once again.... and so it goes, give me strength my friends I will be needing it..

judy...

Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Give me Strength!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsmu View Post
The care home just called, they went over the x-rays once more and my mom has broken her other hip and will be in surgery first thing in the morning,,, they are transfering her back to the hospital later today, now I need to go find my traveling shoes once again.... and so it goes, give me strength my friends I will be needing it..

judy...
I am so sorry to know this!! Does she need another surgery? Have they asked you if you want her to go through the surgery? Well if she is in bad pain, some procedure may have to be done to remove the sharp pain.

What a pain! It is so hard for you! Hospital!
Did you ask them for any other option? Some people don't have the surgery...

Hugs,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 01-24-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User

she is and has been in a lot of pain!!!! as least now they are giving her something for the pain, surgery is scheduled for first thing in the morning, I am thinking this is only a nightmare, but I am awake.... heads are going to roll...

judy...

Old 01-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsmu View Post
she is and has been in a lot of pain!!!! as least now they are giving her something for the pain, surgery is scheduled for first thing in the morning, I am thinking this is only a nightmare, but I am awake.... heads are going to roll...

judy...
I am so sorry she is in lots of pain. Sure hope she will come back to the home to recover later. Check with the home to see when she could come back. At least you have this care home for her to come back to.
You must be so tired now.... It is never ending...

I hope the surgery will be successful.

Hugs,
Nina

Old 01-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

so sorry to hear this. somehow strength will enter your body. when it rains it pours. take deep breaths. i know how u feel. you just have to hang in there and my thoughts and prayers are with you. hugs

Old 01-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

I am so very sorry Jags I do hope the surgery goes well tomorrow and she recovers well. Remember to take care of yourself. It's going to be a long haul. Know I will keep both you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers for the strength and courage you will need... and for comfort for her.

Love, deb

Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #7
(female)

aras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB User

Jags, I hope everything goes as well as can be expected. Keep posting and we will be sending positive thoughts for your mom and you to have the best possible result.
Aras

Old 01-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #8
(female)

CAJ0818 HB UserCAJ0818 HB UserCAJ0818 HB User

Praying for strength for both your Mom and you!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

not much news this morning, I was at the hospital till 3 this morning, it was an awlful night for her. They are finally giving my mom pain maintence, her hemaglobin is low so they are giving her a transfusion today to build that up.. the surgery is scheduled for early this after noon, The doctors admitted to missing the breakage, this is as serious as the first one, not just a hair line crack. heading back up in a bit.

judy

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: jagsmu
CAJ0818 (01-25-2012), ninamarc (01-26-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Hang in there Judy and know you have our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a good recovery.

Love, deb

Closed Thread