It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
(male)

DannyTX HB User
Coconut Oil for Alzheimer's

Has anyone tried coconut oil for Alzheimer’s?

A doctor treated her husband who had advanced Alzheimer’s with coconut oil. He had a miraculous recovery. She received a lot of letters of thanks from people who had success as well.

EDIT: Well it has been a while since I have been on here. I just did a search and discovered that I inquired about this a long time ago and the feedback was somewhat negative. Oh well I'm getting a little forgetful myself.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-18-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Coconut Oil for Alzheimer's

And part of the negativity was from me. I watched my Mom put her faith and money in all these "internet cures". It just made her angry that they didn't work and a little poorer with very expensive pee. When we had to move her out of her home because of Alzheimer's I threw away a trash bag full of these "cures". Now she is in a locked Alzheimer's unit in the final stages of this disease. The Snake Oil sales pitches really do tick me off! If there was truly a cure for this disease do you honestly think it would be hidden on the last pages of the internet? Or would it be on the front page of every news media available? This is the number 6 cause of death and the only one of the top 10 causes of death that has no cure and no treatment for improvement. It is the hopelessness of this disease that allows them and their families to fall victim to these buy me buttons! ... and I will continue to say this repeatedly, push for research, support the Alzheimer's Association with my money, and champion awareness, until there is a treatment or cure that you don't have to find deep in the internet!

Love, deb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:
Beginning (02-05-2012), Martha H (02-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

I am not against alternative treatment. The person that was cured might have other conditions instead of this advanced dementia. Or that the condition was something that coconut oil can help.

For serious dementia, I don't think this will work. My FIL who is in severe stage thought about taking Q10 and etc. (He was a scientist himself.)
But he was too forgetful that the alternative failed for him.
He also took some drugs for dementia (aricept, namenda and exelon.)
However, these things didn't stop him from declining.

So I guess that is all I can say. If coconut oil can be cured, Nobel prize should be given to the one that proposed it.

I am sure alternative treatments helps prevention. Don't be too optimistic about such thing when the person is sicker with dementia.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Nina

Last edited by Administrator; 02-18-2012 at 03:39 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ninamarc For This Useful Post:
bkpkrdl (02-06-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
(female)

sleepytee HB Usersleepytee HB User

Deb,
I agree with your disgust in the "snake oils". But, amidst the internet goop, will be some good things. The reason that we should at least investigate the "new cures" of the day, is the research money is in the pharmaceutical companies; coming up with more pills with more side affects. And if coconut oil, olive oil or taking antioxidents, or CQ10 does work; It would probably be hidden amidst all the "snake oils". Alzheimers has got to be the worst disease; to forget who you are and how your body functions is just the saddest thing. I wish you well!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Sure Tammy, there are some good things that are good for us to use but I dare say there is not a CURE for Alzheimer's among them. Coconut oil is based on old science that Alzheimer's was caused by a glucose problem just like Diabetes. Newer science has indicated that this is not the case. Yet the old research is what they use to tout the benefits of coconut oil. Hey, I count the current pharmaceuticals prescribed for Alzheimer's in the same category It only takes a good look at the original research, and current research, to understand why.

Yes, Coconut Oil is a good healthy alternatives... but not the miracle cure for Alzheimer's as it is touted to be

Love, deb

Last edited by Administrator; 02-18-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Closed Thread