It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
Mom is Gone

so much I want to say, but my mind is numb, my body is tired. It was a long hard road we traveled and it has finally come to an end. My mom passed away late last night with my dad holding her hand. I would have never made it though the last week without my children and husband by my side. My brothers are arriving tommorow, As I was the one who did the caregiving of our mom, they are stepping in and handling the funeral. I have made most of the arrangments already but of course there are still things to be done. My sibblings long ago had said that because they lived so far away and were not able to have hands on help that they would be honored to do this part. Thank you for all your support over the years and especially the last 2 weeks.

love judy,

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: jagsmu
Emmasue (02-17-2012), Martha H (02-13-2012), mitsy (02-13-2012), Phoenix (02-18-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: Mom is Gone

I am so sorry for your loss. As much as it is expected, it still comes as a shock. I hope the funeral goes well, and you will continue to have the support of family and friends. God bless you.

Love,

Martha

The Following User Says Thank You to Martha H For This Useful Post:
jagsmu (02-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Judy,

I am sorry to know that your Mom passed away. May she rest in peace.

Please accept my condolence to you and the family.

Please take care of yourself,
Nina

Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Judy - I'm sorry......take a deep breath.....she's at peace now.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
(female)

Suzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB User

My sincerest condolences ,

Suzy0513

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsmu View Post
so much I want to say, but my mind is numb, my body is tired. It was a long hard road we traveled and it has finally come to an end. My mom passed away late last night with my dad holding her hand. I would have never made it though the last week without my children and husband by my side. My brothers are arriving tommorow, As I was the one who did the caregiving of our mom, they are stepping in and handling the funeral. I have made most of the arrangments already but of course there are still things to be done. My sibblings long ago had said that because they lived so far away and were not able to have hands on help that they would be honored to do this part. Thank you for all your support over the years and especially the last 2 weeks.

love judy,

Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

TC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB User

Ohhh Judy -

I am so very sorry for your loss. Take very good care of yourself. Get some rest. I'm glad you have siblings to help out with the arrangements. My loss is still so fresh.......I deeply relate.........

Sending you big {{{hugs}}}. You're in my thoughts & prayers -

Love -
Jan

Old 02-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
(female)

aras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB User

Judy
My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. You can be proud of your care and love for her. You did all in your power to take the best care of her that you could. Hope time brings some good memories.
Love to You and your family.

Gail

Old 02-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

my thoughts and prayers are with you. so sorry for your loss. we are always here for you.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Judy, I am so very sorry for your loss and celebrate your Mom. You have been a good daughter and care giver. I am glad your siblings will handle the arrangement and you can get some much needed rest. I do hope it all goes well for all of you. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Know that whatever you feel is ok. Celebrate the good life that you had with your Mom!

Love, deb

Old 02-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User

Thank you to all of you, it seems so surreal, my thoughts are all rumbled, doesn't seem to me that I can really concentrate on any one thing. I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband who has taken control of my phone, and I have my DIL here just because she wants to be here. Brother one has arrived and is staying at my dad's, brother two will arrive tomorow. sister as expected will not be coming. ...the funeral guys came right up to the hospital and received my mom from her room and they were very proper. My dad is an excellent woodcrafter and has made a wooden urn for my mom. some time in the future my brother will take my dad up in one of his planes and let my mom free...so all is good with the world and the best part is the sun shone all day today

Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Remember that the brain absorbs what it can as it can. It's running a muck with all that has happened. Just let it go, take care of yourself for a while. No pamper yourself for a while! If you laugh through tears it is ok. You will sort it all out in time.

Your Dad's urn sounds amazing and I am sure it was a labor of love for him. Setting Mom free... perfect.

Know my thoughts and prayers are with you for the strength, courage, and comfort you seek.

Love, deb

Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

TC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB User

Judy -

Thinking of you. Deb always articulates all of this so well: "Remember that the brain absorbs what it can as it can. It's running a muck with all that has happened."

Sending you huge {{{hugs}}}. Wow - the urn sounds really special. I love the idea of your brother & dad spreading the ashes from the sky. So glad you have an awesome daughter in law who's staying by your side

Old 02-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
(female)

sunbelle HB Usersunbelle HB Usersunbelle HB User

I just went thru this with both parents last year (4 months apart)
still not over it..........
I am so sorry...but glad you could be with her and your dad
oh ..it so hard!! life is not easy

She is at peace now.
Hugs,
Chris

Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing but I will say what I say to myself...she is free of this...it is over for her!

We are left to remember them and all they meant to us. Take time to do nothing. To rest. You will have to recharge your body and soul.

Enjoy your brothers and family members and celebrate her life.

Love, Meg

Old 02-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

wow yesterday was a bad day for me, everything I did, everything I looked at i saw my mom. Today I have some stuff to do, instead of a funeral we are having a celibration of life and having friends and family gather. nothing morbid.. my mom was full of life and loved to laugh and we are going to make sure that is what we celibrate. so today I have a few things to do in preperation.. I really thought this would get easier by now but not a chance. I thought mentally I was prepared for this, but nothing can prepare you for this kind of hurt. At times I think I am having a panic attack. I keep telling myselve one day at a time. today is day 5.

judy

Closed Thread