It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
(female)

24/7 HB User
I'm Back

Hello Everyone, I thought I would write and tell you that it has been 5 years this august that I lost my darling husband to Alzheimers. It was a long hard road but through it all the Lord has used my experience to help other friends that are going through the same process and I am able to help them to cope and understand what is going on in there life now .It was a 12 year learning lesson and I have to say this board helped me so much and I am so grateful that it exist because many nights I did not know what to do. Married to the love of my life for 54 years and being at his side until the end has left me with no regrets. I know he is at peace now and I am going on with my life with my family and grandchildren and doing things I never thought I would do by myself but you find that living the moment and finding joy in your life and what a lovely surprise to discover how un-lonely being alone can be. So I want to encourge everyone to fight the good fight and try and enjoy every precious moment you have with your love one and they may forget you but you will never forget them. And God will use this experience for the good because out there will be someone going through the same things you have gone through and you can help them through it. God Bless all of you the care takers and families and know that there are many that are praying for you as I am. It was 24/7 for many years and now we are both at rest with the Lord, and life does go on and I'm here to tell you it will be ok. thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
Re: I'm Back

24/7, I just lost my mom in feb. thank you for coming back and posting. Your words have given me a glimce into a future where the pain may ease and normal living will resume.

Hugs judy

Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

24/7, thank you for you post. You said it well. In everything there is meaning and it can be used in a positive way. We survive much more than we think possible and come out better than we ever thought possible. We are strong and resilient is we let ourselves be I am so glad that you are doing so well and enjoying the life that you have!

Love, deb

Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
(female)

24/7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsmu View Post
24/7, I just lost my mom in feb. thank you for coming back and posting. Your words have given me a glimce into a future where the pain may ease and normal living will resume.

Hugs judy

Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
(female)

24/7 HB User

Hello Judy, thank you for your reply, you will go through a grieving process first the one that was so hard to digest the Alzheimers, that takes time to get over the big loss of watching them go through all of this and not knowing you , Then the sweet memories of how they were before so it is a two fold grieving process because the whole time you know what is going on and it is much harder for the family then for them. But with that being said you do forget all the bad stuff and only remember the sweet things. Hope that helps you to know that there is sunshine at the end of the tunnel and they are renewed now in Christ love and protection . big hugs Jean

Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
(female)

24/7 HB User

Hello Deb, thank you for your reply, it is so true , you can endure so much more then what you think you can, but getting some rest in between times helps , Rest is so needed for the care giver to be able to go back in and give the good fight. And always keeping calm , and keeping your voice at an even tone, and always to remeber they can't help it and not to take it personal. God Bless you Jean

Old 04-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User

My mom has been gone for almost 9 months now and I am adjusting and rejoicing in the life that was hers and all she shared with us. I miss her but I am living on without her. A thought that scared me down to my soul before she died.

It is notes like yours that gives hope and strength to those still fighting the good fight with their loved ones.

Before my mom died I grabbed onto any message like yours. It kept me going knowing that there was life after Alzheimer's.

Thank you for posting such an uplifting tale of your life now....5 years later.

Love, Meg

The following user gives a hug of support to meg1230:
24/7 (04-16-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
(female)

24/7 HB User

Hello Meg, it is not easy , I still miss and cry for my mom, that is one thing that we have that no one can ever take from you and that is the memories even after years of them being gone. Christ died for us that we will have eternal life and this is just a passing through and a test of our love . All he ask is that we love one another not judge it is his job , you are only responsibele for your soul. He died and rose again to save us , our spirt lives on forever, claim it and stand by it because its the truth. big hugs Jean

Closed Thread