It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

keaner HB Userkeaner HB User
Had a stroke

Well, last time I posted mom was waiting for Ccac to come and reevaluate her. Then, 2 days before they came, on mothers day, mom fell and when I went right away, it was soooo obvious something was wrong. I got her into bed for the night after visiting and then the next day, Monday, she fell againe twice. I went right away from work and she was shaking, scared and very lethargic. I called 911 and her transported to the hospital that evening. We were together in the hospital for 5 days, and many days and many tests later,nshe has had a stroke. Catscan revealed many, plus a urinary infection.

Now she is back into secure retirement with much assistance. Has fallen 4 times in the week she has been back, and now ccac has reevaluated her, finally, and now she is short listed for a bed in my chosen long term care home choice.

She was in the upper last stage prior to the stroke and now she is lethargic all the time, has weakness on her left side, falls regularly and she has real trouble with her speech. She is totally confused, and looks scared and is "vacant". I am in the wait for a few months for a bed in long term care, and hoping for the best til then.

This is a terrible disease! I hate that my father and siblings have all passed and left me in charge alone. I fight like hell for her rights, and the whole time long for the way life used to be for all of us, while wishing for her ease into the next life so she can be with dad and perhaps find peace or happiness again!

I hate this disease, and the pain it causes all of us!

Thanks for listening! I know that you get it!

Sherry

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: keaner
Charrev (05-29-2012), jagsmu (05-29-2012), ninamarc (05-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Had a stroke

Sherry, I am so sorry that your Mom is not doing well. Hang in there. Soon enough she will be with your father. Until then you can hold her hand and tell her you love her. Take advantage of the time you have now. You have done a wonderful job taking care of your Mom and you will see it through with the same strength that you have shown so far. It is a horrible disease for what it does not only to the patient but to everybody involved. But we will make it the best way we can....

Love, deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:
keaner (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

Charrev HB User

I can understand. Sometimes I feel bad for feeling the same way. Hang in there.
Love, Charrev

Old 05-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
(female)

Suzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB UserSuzy0513 HB User

I am sorry to hear this! It sounds like you are doing the best possible for her under bad circumstances. I am sending good thoughts to both of you... I hope her way is eased. It is very stressful with this disease, even when nothing else goes wrong! Hopefully a move to long term care will ease the situation for both of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaner View Post
Well, last time I posted mom was waiting for Ccac to come and reevaluate her. Then, 2 days before they came, on mothers day, mom fell and when I went right away, it was soooo obvious something was wrong. I got her into bed for the night after visiting and then the next day, Monday, she fell againe twice. I went right away from work and she was shaking, scared and very lethargic. I called 911 and her transported to the hospital that evening. We were together in the hospital for 5 days, and many days and many tests later,nshe has had a stroke. Catscan revealed many, plus a urinary infection.

Now she is back into secure retirement with much assistance. Has fallen 4 times in the week she has been back, and now ccac has reevaluated her, finally, and now she is short listed for a bed in my chosen long term care home choice.

She was in the upper last stage prior to the stroke and now she is lethargic all the time, has weakness on her left side, falls regularly and she has real trouble with her speech. She is totally confused, and looks scared and is "vacant". I am in the wait for a few months for a bed in long term care, and hoping for the best til then.

This is a terrible disease! I hate that my father and siblings have all passed and left me in charge alone. I fight like hell for her rights, and the whole time long for the way life used to be for all of us, while wishing for her ease into the next life so she can be with dad and perhaps find peace or happiness again!

I hate this disease, and the pain it causes all of us!

Thanks for listening! I know that you get it!

Sherry

Closed Thread