It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

aviovaimo HB Useraviovaimo HB User
Long time no "see" ☺

Hello everyone---I have not posted since September last year, I joined another support group that has become my lifeline in the last 9-10 months.But this board was the first one I "stumbled" on and you all gave me the encoragement and understanding I needed at the time.So I wanted to come back and say a big THANK YOU ♥ I am still looking after my 86-year-old husband with Alz and he is declining (duh !)--he barely talks,barely walks,is beginning to refuse food and drink and so on--he fell a week ago and broke his arm where he now has a cast from shoulder to elbow.That trauma set him back even more.He is still at home and hopefully can stay till the end.Caregiving surely has been an eventful journey but with all the sadness and frustration it has also taught me so much about compassion,patience and life itself.So---thank you again--you are doing a fabulous job ♥♥♥

The following user gives a hug of support to aviovaimo:
ninamarc (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Long time no "see" ☺

Sorry your husband is declining so rapidly but glad to hear that you are doing well. Ouch to the broken arm. Yes any extreme situation can set them back cognitively. I hope it heals well. I too have realized that not only is this journey sad and frustrating... I has also taught me so much and given me many blessings. I will come through this a stronger, better person as you will as well. Keep us updated

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread