It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
(female)

SandwichLady HB UserSandwichLady HB UserSandwichLady HB User
Hi, Everyone!

Hello! Remember me? Both my parents had dementia and died within 2 months of each other earlier this year. In fact, Mom's been gone 6 months now, and I can hardly believe it's been that long, although, in some ways, it seems longer!

I was just thinking about everyone, and wanted to let you all know that I do think about you and the hard work you're doing. And to express again how much I appreciate your willingness to listen and counsel.

I'm still dealing with the estate stuff, but just found out that we are going to close on mom and dad's house next Friday, which is a big thing to have out of the way. It's a little sad to think that it's not going to be their house any more, but it's also a relief, if that makes sense.

I'm going to go now and read some posts from since the last time I was here so I can catch up on what's going on in everyone's lives. And I won't be such a stranger in the future!
love,
Sarah

The following user gives a hug of support to SandwichLady:
ninamarc (07-20-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to SandwichLady For This Useful Post:
Susan Perkowitz (07-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

TC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB User
Re: Hi, Everyone!

Hi Sarah

My goodness, we're on a similar timeline. I lost my stepdad in January......we just sold my parent's home of 40 years at the end of June......got my mom moved into her new place in a continuing care retirement community (she's able to live independently at this time - yay!).......just did an estate sale last weekend.....and I feel like my head is still spinning .

It all sounds so simple when I type it out here on my laptop. Sooo - why do I feel so tired, worn out, etc?? Oh yea......it's been alot. I KNOW you can relate .

Thanks for posting. I try to keep up on the board but I'm not on here as much as I used to be. I'm sending you huge {{{hugs}}} as you continue on your journey. Isn't it great to know we're not walking this road alone???

The following user gives a hug of support to TC08:
SandwichLady (07-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to TC08 For This Useful Post:
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

you sound great. keep posting it still will help

Old 07-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

I remember you well Sarah. Thank you for letting us know there is life after dementia. I am glad you are doing well and super glad the house finally sold. Mom's house has been on the market for almost 2 years now That is a blessing for you... and I do understand a blessing with a sadness attached. Hope the rest of the estate goes well and do hope to hear form you soon.

Love, deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
(female)

SandwichLady HB UserSandwichLady HB UserSandwichLady HB User

Hi, TC08: You are so right that dealing with all of this stuff sounds so simple, but it actually is very time consuming. Preparing for an estate sale = nightmare!!! And we hired a company to handle getting everything organized and priced, etc, but it was still a nightmare! So I do feel your pain! Good luck going forward!!

Last edited by SandwichLady; 07-21-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: to specify recipient

The following user gives a hug of support to SandwichLady:
TC08 (07-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to SandwichLady For This Useful Post:
TC08 (07-21-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

My late FIL just passed away in early July. So I know there are lots of stuff to deal with. Take it one day at a time. It may takes months or a year to deal with the whole thing.
I am sorry your parents died so close together. Probably they were very close. It is sad that they went in the same year but they are together in the spirit again.

Hugs,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 07-23-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Closed Thread