It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
only 6 months or

already 6 months, it seems like such a short time ago I was worrying about such non important things for my mom and now she is gone and those things that I worryed about were really non important. So the saying fight the battles that count really does mean a lot. don't sweat the small things as no body but you will worry about them. I miss her terribly, I see her in everything I do and think about her all the time. It was just about this time last year that my mom first broke her hip and was hospitalized, she never came out of the hospital. I dug down deep and found strength that I never knew I had, and so will all of you, we find out that we do what we have to do and then move on. These last six months have been a healing of the soul and body,. many things have changed some for the good and some not so good, but as I said we on this board are made of special stuff and stand in the mist of the storm rather than on the sidelines. Know that I think of all of you and the things that you are going though, take one day at a time and remember to be good to yourselve..

hugs judy...

The following user gives a hug of support to jagsmu:
aras (09-05-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: only 6 months or

Thank you Judy! Those of us in the trenches still need to hear from those of you in the afterlife. You give good advice. I have thought of you as well and hoped you were doing well. Thank you again for your encouragement... it is well taken

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

its been over 3 years since my mom passed of this terrible disease. it was so good reading your post. thanks and hugs to you

Old 09-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

TC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB UserTC08 HB User

Hi Judy

We're on similar timeframes. I lost my Dear Stepdad January 2, 2012. This year in many ways has been a blur. Grief can really take us to our knees. I know what you mean about thinking about them and seeing them in everything. Since he died it's been nothing but changes for our family. Selling my parent's home of 40 years, moving my mom to a continuing care retirement community (she's in independent living), and now I'm moving too.

I can still find myself with that feeling of urgency - that there's something that needs to be tended to, or.......I need to go visit him......and then of course my brain catches up to current reality. That he's not here, that all those issues I tended to are no longer there for the tending.

I do not regret one single MOMENT I spent with him throughout his illness! I am so happy with myself that I stayed in the area and looked after his and my mom's affairs and needs. I told myself I wouldn't move until he died. Now it's time for me to begin a new chapter.

I send my love, I send huge {{{hugs}}} and the empathy that goes along with having shared this road with you and others!

Thanks for posting Judy

The following user gives a hug of support to TC08:
jagsmu (09-07-2012)
Reply Reply