It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

keaner HB Userkeaner HB User
Happy Dark November

Nothing has been posted lately, so, I thought I would post a kind word to all, since it is Random Act of Kindness here in my city in Ontario Canada.

Thank you to all who view, post and answer the posts that are here! I for one wouldn't know where to turn for support if this site was not available! So, "thank you".

November in Canada is dark and long, so be extra good to yourself and be sure to take some time for you! Hard as that might be!

Sherry

Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Happy Dark November

Kind words are always welcome. I will add my thank yous and gratitude for those here It makes life so much better to share the good and bad. Here in NC it is transition time. Brightly colored trees are still hanging on to their leaves but the nights are down right chilly. Mom has her first cold of the winter but so far has remained in the upper respiratory area and her lungs clear. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays up there

Hope all are doing well and ready for the winter.

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Hi Keaner, thanks for the post.
I am in Eastern Canada (QC) so here the weather is cold like winter but not dark. Sunny at times. Cloudy. Compare with the nov. long time ago, it is still green and yellow here and there. Not bad. Long time ago it is supposed to snow and get dark and gray... Not this year. However, Canadian winter will be very cold as predicted.
Bundle up!
Have a nice autumn!

Hugs,
Nina

Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Deb, I am glad your mom is doing OK. Hope she will be fine for a long while.
Sherry, I hope your Mom is doing OK.

Take care,
Nina

Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
(female)

keaner HB Userkeaner HB User

Nina, thanks for asking about my mom.

I requested no surgery concerning her cataracts, and she finally seems to be on the mend from her cold/infection. She was in isoolation and meds for about a week. I work with students in elementary school, so I am now very careful to not visit when a bug is present at school/home. Unfortunately, means less visiting sometimes, but I am worried about another set back. Hard to know what is best!

Hope you are well, too.

Deb, hope your moms cold is on the mend. It is scary when they get that virus.
Seems to hold on for quite sometime.....and could go either way. Good luck to you.......enjoy the sunshine if you have it, we have been missing it for many weeks it seems.

Enjoy the weather......cold has arrived in Ontario.

Sherry

Old 11-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Sherry, Mom is about the same. It's not getting any worse but not getting any better. So far her lungs are clear and she has maintained her smile... but the upper respiratory congestion, cough, and crusty eyes are still there. She is sleeping more. We are still in the wait and see mode, even after a week. The fact that she has not developed a secondary infection is a good thing. Plans are to start Allergy medication tomorrow and see if that might help.

It has been sunny and warm (highs up to 70) for several days. It was supposed to rain today but that never developed. We only received a partly overcast sky and no water which we need. But it is going to drop about 20 degrees starting tomorrow for the foreseeable future. Let the winter begin! Mom will miss the daily walks in the garden.....

Love, deb

PS... think you made a good decision regarding the surgery Hope Mom continues to improve and do as well as she can...

Reply Reply