It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Seizure

Mom had a major seizure at lunch time today. She has been in pain since. She is now on a low dosage of morphine and I am headed back over for pain monitoring tonight. We will see what tomorrow brings. Will be back when I return home....

Love, deb

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: Gabriel
jagsmu (12-08-2012), mitsy (12-11-2012), ninamarc (12-08-2012), scorptired (12-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
(female)

keaner HB Userkeaner HB User
Re: Seizure

Deb, sorry to hear your news!!!!

Hopefully mom and yourself find some peace over the next day or two.

I will be thinking of you,

Sherry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Sorry to know that your Mom got worse at this time. Hope she will feel better.
My prayers are with you and your Mom.

Take care,
Nina

Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Thank you Sherry and Nina. Mom is a little better each day and I got a good night's sleep last night. We are both ready for whatever comes next

Love, deb

Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hospice has dubbed Mom "The Christmas Miracle". When I was there yesterday, she was up, smiling, and wanting to go go go! She was eating the puree better but still having trouble with liquids. I am taking a much needed day break!

Love, deb

Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
(male)

Luau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB User

Very, very glad to hear the "Christmas Miracle"! I hope your break is peaceful!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Luau, the break is much needed!! At the rate she is going.. Mom may outlive me! Hope all is well with you and Lucy?

Love, deb

Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
(male)

Luau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB User

Deb, Lucy is well. Thanks for asking! I don't want to steal your thread. Just want to say that her symptoms have stabilized somewhat since she has been on the anti-seizure medication. The biggest change is not so much improvement but in being less combative... which is good for me.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Deb, I am glad your Mom is the miracle!
Luau, Glad that Lucy is stable.

Hugs,
Nina

Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Luau, you do know that an "off label use" of some anti seizure medications is to treat behavioral issues Mom has been on an anti seizure medication, Valproic Acid (Depekote), for years to control behavioral issues. That did cause a wee bit of confusion over the weekend. The nurse insisted Mom has a history of seizures. Uhh, no, this is the first. Then she mentioned the Valproic Acid. I understood the confusion and was able to straighten that out quickly. For whatever reason I am truly glad Lucy is doing better. If Mom is better everybody is better

Love, deb

Reply Reply