It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Good and Bad

Mom seemed to come back from her seizure and then spent several days sleeping. Since it has been up and down. She is not eating much at all. The only thing she seems to be interested in are those wonderful Magic Cups... 290 calories and 11 grams of protein. Liquids are another matter. Spoon feeding her thickened liquids is the best that can be done. She is down to 88 pounds and but seems content. So far, except for two 36 hours after her seizure, she has not needed any pain meds. I see her slipping away daily now.

On the good side... my daughter is finally getting married There is a bit of a down side with me being in NC taking care of Mom and her getting married in England next month But I will visit as soon as I can and she will be home in February. Yet I am thrilled for her and her new man.

Love, deb

The following 5 users give hugs of support to: Gabriel
aras (01-02-2013), jagsmu (12-24-2012), sonofvasc (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Good and Bad

Deb, I am glad that your daughter is getting married!
Sorry to know that your Mom is not doing very well. It seems that she is content. Sure hope she will be ok this time.
Hugs,
Nina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #3
(female)

keaner HB Userkeaner HB User

Deb, sorry to hear about your mom.

Congratulations concerning your daughter. A visit in February might be just the holiday you will need.

This is a tough time for you, and the holiday season too.....you are in my thoughts Deb,

Take care,
Sherry

Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Mom went home to be with Dad December 31, 2012. Since my last post she has been in a constant rapid decline. Monday was, in so many ways, a blessing. Her visitation is tomorrow night and services on Thursday morning. Then I begin to look for a new normal in my life after 14 years of dementia. I will miss her terribly but I know she is in a better place now so I have to rejoice.

Love, deb

The following 13 users give hugs of support to: Gabriel
Annieland (01-02-2013), aras (01-02-2013), bearcubs (01-03-2013), Bren448 (01-02-2013), bubblegirl (01-13-2013), deb7442 (01-02-2013), dorri (01-04-2013), jagsmu (01-05-2013), kirksfam (01-05-2013), Luau (01-02-2013), meg1230 (01-02-2013), ninamarc (01-02-2013), Titchou (01-03-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Deb,
I am sorry that your Mom passed away. Please accept my condolences.
Hope you and your family find peace. It is a new year for you without Mom.
Please take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Nina

Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #6
(female)

aras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB User

Deb
My deepest sympathy in the loss of your mother. 2012 took a lot of my family and friends as well. It has been a sad year. My mom still has good and bad days and I hope I can cope with what ever comes in the days ahead. You have been a guiding light for so many on this board. I hope you will still check in on us from time to time. Your mom and dad are together again in heaven and probably having a wonderful reunion.

Aras

Old 01-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #7
(female)

aras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB Useraras HB User

Deb
My deepest sympathy in the loss of your mother. 2012 took a lot of my family and friends as well. It has been a sad year. My mom still has good and bad days and I hope I can cope with what ever comes in the days ahead. You have been a guiding light for so many on this board. I hope you will still check in on us from time to time. Your mom and dad are together again in heaven and probably having a wonderful reunion.

Aras

Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
(male)

Luau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB UserLuau HB User

Dear Deb, my deepest condolences for the loss of your Mother. You have been the carer for others for a decade and a half. Now it is finally time to put yours first. I particularly like the way you said that your Mom is finally with your Dad. It's such a beautiful way to look at all that you and your family has endured. Also, best wishes to your daughter for her nuptial. -L

Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Deb ~

I want to add my condolences as well. It is a sad time for you and your family and yet I know you are rejoicing that her earthly troubles are over. I was in a similar situation in May with my mom. These very long slow declines really take their toll on everyone. Even though I'd been prepared for her death for about the last four years, it was difficult to stop thinking about her this Christmas and feeling sad at odd times when I was least expecting it.

How nice that you have your daughter's wedding to look forward to.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
(female)

mitsy HB Usermitsy HB User

Deb, I am sorry for your loss. You are always supporting others and I hope we can in someway support you. God Bless...

Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #11
(female)

Bren448 HB User

My deepest sympathy. I'm new here, but have learned so much about you and your family reading up on past threads. I pray that you find a peace and you continue to feel the presence of the Lord as you find your 'new normal'.
God bless you.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #12
(female)

Annieland HB User

I am so sorry Deb for your loss. Every post of yours I've read has been invaluable to me and my family as we navigate this dark journey. I will think of your words when my mom too finally gets to return to my dad, who she has missed desperately for the last 15 years. God Bless you and your family, and the new beginnings in store this year.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
(male)

sonofvasc HB User

Deb,
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that you go through the grieving process well. I expect it is not helpful to hear that your experiences and knowledge have provided so much support to me and others on this board, but I hope you can take a little solace in knowing that you have helped many of us. Please let us know if we can support you in any way.

Randy

Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #14
(female)

bearcubs HB Userbearcubs HB Userbearcubs HB Userbearcubs HB User

Deb,

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. May you find peace and strength in the coming days. My prayers are being said for you and your family.
I'm wishing you a Happy New Year and may the New Year bring you good health and happiness. Take care of yourself. Hugs.

Love Elaine

Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you each and every one Your wishes, prayers, and thoughts mean a lot. Mom is at peace and so am I. We celebrated her life over the last two days and she is at rest. Yes, I will miss her as I still do my Dad but it is with a happy heart. I was blessed to have two wonderful parents. I have to look at what I had and not what I don't have now.

I am not going away that easily I plan to be back here frequently. Son, it is helpful to know that something I have done here has been helpful to someone else. It gives validation to all I have been through... and I hope to continue to help. It is by giving back that I can heal.

Love, deb

The following user gives a hug of support to Gabriel:
dorri (01-04-2013)
Reply Reply