It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
(female)

Exandra HB User
Re: Mom passed away today

Hi Dorri: I am very sorry for your loss. My mother passed away in October 2007 after having surgery to remove a large cancerous growth from the roof of her mouth. She was 85 years old and probably too weak for extensive surgery like she had. She died in the hospital and her body was picked up by the Neptune Society, cremated per her instructions to them and we were told about it after the fact. Not being able to say goodbye to her has been extremely painful for my family but knowing that she is at peace gives some comfort. Treasure whatever memories you have of her and try to take comfort in knowing that she isn't suffering anymore. Take care and, again, very sorry for your loss.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

Thank you all for your kind replies, they are comforting to know I am not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #18
(female)

Exandra HB User

Hi Dorri:
You are very welcome! I'm glad that, despite my own sadness, I can offer comfort to someone else. Grief is a very powerful emotion that has a different affect on different people and all of us grieve in different ways. I
miss my mother as much or more now than I did when she died in 2007 but I take comfort in remembering all the things she told me about death when my aunt, her only sister, died at the age of 37 when I was only 12. During the times when I missed her the most I would think back to a happier time when I was with her and over the years I learned how to cope with other deaths the same way. My mother told me then that one day she would die and I would have to be strong enough to help people around me and she was right.
Thanks for writing back to me and hold onto the precious memories of your mother. Keep her in your heart and she will always be with you.
Best wishes,
Exandria

Old 01-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you Exandra. Sorry to hear about your mom. I will try to remember all the happy times with mom. Lately death and dying doesn't seem as terrifying as it did before. A few years ago we were not ready to let mom go, but as we went through the journey with her and seen her suffer, we understood why she needed to go.

Last edited by dorri; 01-06-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #20
(female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

You are in my thoughts and prayers. My mom passed a few years ago after having Altzheimer's and I can understand your feelings. As others have said, remember the good times and concentrate on those. You will get through this with the support of family and friends. God bless.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #21
(female)

jenjen393 HB User

Hello,
Very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. My husband's mother just died this last thursday (Jan 10)...although she was only just beginning to show small signs of dementia, I can only imagine what the caregivers and loved ones go through when such a condition worsens.

Hopefully, over time, life will get easier & happier..

Once again,,,,my condolences

Jennifer

Old 01-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen393 View Post
Hello,
Very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. My husband's mother just died this last thursday (Jan 10)...although she was only just beginning to show small signs of dementia, I can only imagine what the caregivers and loved ones go through when such a condition worsens.

Hopefully, over time, life will get easier & happier..

Once again,,,,my condolences
Thank you for your reply jenjen. Sorry to hear of your husband's mom.
With mom, she developed symptoms suddenly and got progressively worse over the next 4-5 years. We feel relief now because it was a struggle for her and everyone. In a way we've been losing her bit by bit over the last few years, so I think our mourning began when we first realized that something was different about mom. At first I did not want to accept her diagnosis of dementia as you can see by some of my former posts, but as time went on, I knew it wasn't simple forgetfulness. It became very clear to us, that it was much more than that.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: dorri
ddill (01-13-2013), jenjen393 (01-13-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #23
(female)

5alive HB User5alive HB User5alive HB User
Wink Re: Mom passed away today

;oh you poor thing. I can't believe i didn't follow up on you.please forgive me
I know sometimes I sit on the floor and just sob but the time in between is longer.how are you now?
don't worry i still can't believe it.
I have been lately wishing i had asked alot of questions.I found a pic of her with her first love(handsom) i have had some laughter(in front of that yard she had on a 2piece bathing suit doing a Marilyn monroe pose.she would have had to put up with some teasing from me.

I hope things get good for you an family.

Sometimes I feellike I have no friends. please don"t start thinking like that
Mom would not want that for you

Old 02-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you all, well here I am, almost 2 months later since my mom is gone. I have my moments. I think in the first couple weeks after mom passed I felt more peace than I do now. I am reminded of mom by memories and photos and often this brings me to tears. I realize that I still have a lot of emotions to overcome.

hugs

dorri

The following user gives a hug of support to dorri:
bearcubs (02-24-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #25
(female)

5alive HB User5alive HB User5alive HB User

i know exactly what you mean.when somthing happens i still think "oh i can't wait to tell Mom".I just found out today bout your mom but I am certanley here now for you.
I can't believe it.
everyday i think i need to just hold here hand
huggies for you

Old 02-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hugs to you as well.

dorri

The following user gives a hug of support to dorri:
Beginning (02-24-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #27
(female)

Exandra HB User
Unhappy Re: Mom passed away today

Hello dorri and 5alive:
Sorry that I haven't communicated with you in awhile. I have been going on job interviews and battling depression that has become worse due to not getting any of the jobs I interviewed for. This October will mark the 6th year since my mother died and lately she's been in my thoughts and my dreams. I have support and I'm doing my best to be upbeat but that hasn't helped much, Everyone keeps telling me that when the right job comes along I will
get it but that seems out of my reach. I'm just going to stay strong and keep my eye on the prize.
Exandra

The following user gives a hug of support to Exandra:
dorri (03-08-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

exandra, sorry that you are depressed. Seems like we keep reaching out to parents even when they are gone.

Nothing is out of reach if you want it bad enough, if you keep trying, you are bound to get it, or something just as fulfilling, or you may even get something better, just keep on trying.

Hope brighter days are ahead for you.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #29
(female)

Exandra HB User
Smile Re: Mom passed away today

Thank you, Dorri.
My family has been telling me the same thing. I do believe that, but, It seems to be taking too long for me to find a job. After being out of work for 13 months I am more than ready to go back to work. I've been on 5 job intervieews, supposedly aced all of them yet, here I am still looking. Not sure how much longer I can take this. Having your support really helps!! Thank you so much!!@

Last edited by Exandra; 03-10-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Exandra... we take it as long as necessary in order to move forward. One day at a time, one step at a time, one thought at a time. It is difficult but doable! Please remember that it is not something you are doing wrong. Getting an interview these days is difficult. Know that your turn will come and stay positive along the way. Good luck on the next interview

Love, deb

Reply Reply