It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
(female)

Chris OB HB User
Need to talk

Hi Everyone, It has been two years since I posted the last year as being challenging. My DH went to a nursing home in November 2012. He did pass away on 1-28-13. I can not believe how fast he went downhill with the disease. The last week of his time of earth was tough. Every time I visit him in the nursing home never knew what I was going to get. Some days talked very clear other days it was a mumble. But whatever I got it was nice. I should mention he was 61 when he passed yes I married an older man as he is 10 years older than I. One of the many good things is he was very active until the last week. I just wanted to talk to a group of people that understand. Thanks for listening. Tomorrow night is the wake and funeral is Sat. Right now I do not think it has really hit me.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Chris OB
Beginning (02-20-2013), scorptired (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
(female)

scorptired HB Userscorptired HB User
Re: Need to talk

I'm sorry for your loss. My husband is 64 and very late stage 6 from what I can see. He still lives at home with me and I hope he hangs in there for a long time. I'd miss him when he goes. We have been married 32 years and he is 10 years older than I am. He's a great husband, loving father, and wonderful companion. Those things are not very visible nowadays but, we know they're there. May your husband rest in peace and may you find the comfort in the memories you made with him.

The following user gives a hug of support to scorptired:
Beginning (02-20-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Need to talk

Chris, I do remember you and I am so sorry for your loss. Be thankful that he was as aware and active as he was. Now it is time for you to take care of yourself. If you are like the rest of us who have lost loved ones, it is like being set adrift at first. Not having to get up and go to the nursing home in itself is a huge change. Give yourself time to rest and recover. Give yourself time to grieve and figure out what is next. Be patient with yourself and feel what you need to feel. Know you can come here anytime. I do send you my thoughts and prayers for peace and comfort at this time.

Love, deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel For This Useful Post:
Chris OB (02-06-2013)
Reply Reply