It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
(female)

Chris OB HB User
Need to talk

Hi Everyone It has been about 2 years since I last posted. My DH went to a nursing home last November he needed 24/7 care. At the age of 61 he passed away on 1-28-13 the disease progess very fast on him. I still can not believe at the age of 51 I am a widow. The funeral was yesterday still seems so surreal to me. I do have great memories as we were married 28 years and have two great boys.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Chris OB
agelbert (02-03-2013), ninamarc (02-03-2013), Super Page (02-03-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Need to talk

Chris, please accept my condolences for you loss. I am so sorry for you that you have had to deal with this disease and lost your companion, but also grateful that your husband's disease did not linger.

It will take a while for the reality to settle in and to transition to a new normal. Just as it took a major adjustment to deal with his illness and taking care of him, it will take a major adjustment to deal with your new life now. Hold on to those good memories that you have. They will carry you through.

And if you need to talk know that there are several of us going through similar losses along with you. Continue to post. Talking about it does help.

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Need to talk

Please accept my condolences. This disease is so cruel. Please come here to vent often. We can offer you support. It will take a while and it is normal. Some of us here have been through the similar thing such as the death of the loved ones. Please know that we understand your pain, not that we can really be in your shoes.
May he rest in peace and that you will feel better.

Hugs,
Nina

Reply Reply