It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amputation / Prosthetic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
(female)

amyjerry HB User
Need help getting a leg.

I have a friend that had his leg amputated last may. He has no insurance and no job. Is there any place that can help him to get a new leg?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Need help getting a leg.

Hi Amyjerry!: Before you try to get him have you asked if he wants one? I knew a girl who had a missing arm. She was born with it because her mother had tried to abort her and then carried her to term. Apparently whoever did that had not done a complete job and the mom changed her mind. I had asked her if she wanted a prosthetic arm and she said no. Later on our church members held a special event to raise funds for this purpose because they cost thousands of dollars. I was surprised they had but thought she must have changed her mind. Because I thought she should have one and might like it I said nothing. She wore it for awhile and then stopped. I guess she was used to being without one and felt the device was in her way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

Zoey1977 HB User

Hi,
I live in Canads so things are very different here. I would suggest your friend talk to his family doctor and the local hospitals and clinics. I'm sure they will have many valuable resources.

Good Luck,
Zoey.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-04-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #4
(female)

acechaser HB User

Kosair Shriners will help him get a leg.

The Following User Says Thank You to acechaser For This Useful Post:
sjb (03-11-2011)
Closed Thread