It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amputation / Prosthetic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
(male)

whistonian HB User
BKA(prosthetic limb)

My wife's prosthetic limb is attached to the upper thigh by pulling a tight sleeve over it,however recently on holiday we saw a lady who attached her false limb to her stump by just puhing it into the prosthetic limb and then just walked off.it was so quick and so easy. Has anyone any knowledge as to what type of limb this was and how it stays secure.Thank you for any replies.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
(female)

fleafly HB User
Re: BKA(prosthetic limb)

Hello, I just came across your posting and am wondering if you would provide a little more information. I am not yet an amputee, but will likely go that route sometime soon. I am in a learning mode at the moment, although I have seen quite a few amputees in recent months thanks to many trips to the prosthetist's office and have done some reading. Since no one else has posted a response, perhaps I can help you find your answer.

What type of prosthesis does your wife wear? You describe it, but does it use sub-atmospheric socket technology or a vacuum?

Thanks much.

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton

Last edited by fleafly; 05-04-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply