It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board

the fear of als do I have it?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2017, 12:21 AM   #1
tetikitty
(female)

tetikitty HB User
the fear of als do I have it?

OK so I was diagnosed with a DVA last January and I have a small mass in my thymus during that year I've had like clavicle pain I never thought too much of nit until the last few months where my legs ,arms, fingers began to twitch like it feels like small pulses and they are random like I could have one twich on my calf and a few seconds on my other leg, I've noticed a few weeks ago that I have a dimple on my should so I measured my arm and it's smaller than the other I have no weakness i have noticed how sometimes my fingers hurt or my hands kinda cramp up, my wrists hurt my joints hurts, I did have alot of xrays and ct scans and mris over the past 2 years and they didn't found nothing I'm just really worried I have als, I can swallow fine. Breathe fine is just that my body hurts and I don't know why my neck gets stiff I sometimes get cramps around my body .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2017, 12:23 AM   #2
tetikitty
(female)

tetikitty HB User
Re: the fear of als do I have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetikitty View Post
OK so I was diagnosed with a DVA last January and I have a small mass in my thymus during that year I've had like clavicle pain I never thought too much of nit until the last few months where my legs ,arms, fingers began to twitch like it feels like small pulses and they are random like I could have one twich on my calf and a few seconds on my other leg, I've noticed a few weeks ago that I have a dimple on my should so I measured my arm and it's smaller than the other I have no weakness i have noticed how sometimes my fingers hurt or my hands kinda cramp up, my wrists hurt my joints hurts, I did have alot of xrays and ct scans and mris over the past 2 years and they didn't found nothing I'm just really worried I have als, I can swallow fine. Breathe fine is just that my body hurts and I don't know why my neck gets stiff I sometimes get cramps around my body .
and sometimes my abdomen twitches too or I get crampa or my legs jerks or my whole body

Old 01-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #3
TimAlley
(male)

TimAlley HB UserTimAlley HB User

Hello tetikitty,

What you described does not sound like ALS. ALS imost often presents with a sudden loss of ability. For example, not being able to turn a key.

Let me ask your age, gender ans any history of neuromuscular diseases in your family.

Take care,

James

Old 01-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
tetikitty
(female)

tetikitty HB User

I am 20 years old, I'm not so sure about my family neuromuscular history, we do have diabetes, strokes, and gallbladder stones

Old 01-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
TimAlley
(male)

Nothing at all like ALS. More likely to win the lottery and get struck by lightning in the same day at your age.

If you have had a comprehensive blood panel done then ask your GP for a referral to a neurologist. Quite honestly it would be a waste of time though.

Look at fibromyalgia, BFS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Those are some of the hundreds of non life threatening conditions that may be responsible.

Take care,

James

Old 01-08-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
tetikitty
(female)

tetikitty HB User

Thank you James

Old 01-08-2017, 08:32 PM   #7
tetikitty
(female)

tetikitty HB User

I do still think I have muscle atrophy in my right arm because I can see it when I felx my fingers like my thumb and I see my bonebut I do it on my left hand and j can't see it there my right arm feels smaller than my left Also iforgot to mention that I had swollen lymph nodes for 2 years and I have chronic maxillary sinuistis it feels like I'm getting weaker and weaker everyday I feel sick when I try to grab small things it feels like I'm not grabbing anything or it feels like it's restraining I do believe I have good balance I always sleep so late I rarely excersie these symptoms have been going on for at least 2 years I also thought 2 years ago I had als but I cantseem to remeber my symptoms I have a foggy brain at times and I at times have blurry vision an I hve floaters on my left eye I belive I might be losing my sight but I'm not sureI at times have buring or stinging sensations around my muscles my face at times feels tingling or like twitches I have a very small twitching numbing senation on my tip of the tongue like the side of it I get tingle sensations around my feets and hands

Last edited by tetikitty; 01-08-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:52 PM   #8
TimAlley
(male)

Not ALS. I know ALS very well, but I am not a doctor.

You need to see your PCP and go from there with a possible referral to a neurologist.

Have you ever. Been diagnosed with anxiety?

Take care,

James

Old 01-09-2017, 12:37 AM   #9
tetikitty
(female)

tetikitty HB User

No I haven't but I have the symptoms of aniexty

Reply Reply