I'm new to this board and just wanted to ask for your opinion.
Symptoms started in 95 after birth of second baby.
I'm now 33 years old.
My symptoms are:
95- right hand tight and painful when in use. Would calm down after relaxing muscles.
- cant remember how soon after that the left hand would do this too.
- Then noticed leg stiffness and burning pain when trying to do stairmaster.
96- Felt like I only swallowed on left side ( still feels like that)
- right side face felt tight
- dx' w/fibromyalgia
- pins/neeles sensations down leg
- severe fatigue setting in
98- had mri, evoked potentials, LP, - all normal
- hand shakiness, like a nervous shake
99- developed endometriosis, TMJ, and GERD
01- Develped throat spasms ( throat will totally close off air supply)
If I swallow saliva wrong and it tickles the back of my throat, my throat will just close off. I can breath again once the muscles relax.
- Whole face, both eyes, neck, and throat are tight now
- Right hand,fingers,wrist-bad tremor AFTER using hand or arm (plunging toilet, pulling weeds, washing dog, etc.)
02- neck, back of tongue, throat tightness when reading out loud ( hard to form the words when this happens)
- Still having throat spasms
03- Getting cramps and stiffness now when having relations with husband(cramps in thighs,side of foot, toes, back)
- Still having throat spasms
04- Bladder urgency,frequency,leaking(need to wear pad)
- Right thumb tremor 24/7 (positional)
-Right leg tremor if I have to push down brake peddal too long (at bank line, red light)
- Right eye has floaters now
- Blurry vision at times ( like something's on my eyelash)
- started getting muscle twichtes this year ( under eye, right upper arm, left knee-and thigh, left foot in the arch, lip)
- Hard to slow dance because of stiffness and pain (started yrs ago)
- All body muslces feet tight-stiff-burning pain when using them.
- All joints hurt now also
- Finger and hand stiffness when writing
- 2004: Voice goes out every now and then (not too often though)
- Can't sit in an uncomfortable chair for long because of stiffness and pain.
Through the years many things have been ruled out: MS,MG,Lupus,etc.
This years emg/nct was normal. Dr. did note on his report that I have hyperreflexia and bilateral ankle clonus.
I'm worried about a couple things: Parkinsons, McArdles Disease, and Primary lateral sclerosis.
A few dr's (not mds's) say no to pd because i'm too young and don't look like someone with pd.
McArdles has not been checked. And PLS has never been mentioned.
Emg dr this year said I do not have fibromyalgia, Chronic myofacial pain,and that my tremor is not from essential tremor.
I would appreciate any comments. Thank you!!
PS: Years ago I also developed heaviness-stiffness in legs when trying to climb up pool ladder to get out. This year have weakness(?) in legs (when I walked around too long , right leg wouldn't support body to bring left leg up a step and fell onto left shin and knee)
This year also noticed that it's harder to turn in bed. Also noticed my that my fingers like to be closed next to palm, and when I stretch fingers they are very stiff feeling.
I'm most concerned about the throat spasms that i'm still having.